• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Question Do you have a signature dish?

Bliss

Sally Twit
Is there a certain dish you cook really well? Is there anything your family and friends rave about because you make it so well?

I know this is pretty simple but my partner told me he really loves my lasagne. My dad has his own special recipe that he gave to me. You include gravy with the mince and it really adds some great flavour to the mix.
I made it for my partner's Birthday in October and I hadn't made it again since then and he brought it up a lot as he really loved it. I made it again last week and he couldn't get enough of it!
I now have a new way to get him to agree to something haha.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I cook a mean pot of mac and cheese, but beyond that, I don't have a signature dish. But in terms of complete obscurity, my sister's signature dish is a squash casserole. It is so flavorful and rich.

Iris

rainbow 11!
kinda! I got this recipe from a black guy, so it's legit. it's baked mac and cheese. it's SO GOOD and so bad for you. I can make it with my eyes closed now. It's really funny because I gave the recipe to my friend Emily, she has even watched me make it once... But aside from the time she watched, every attempt from her has FAILED.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
My partner loves my nachos. He refuses to make them because he says even though he knows all the ingredients, if he tries it just doesn't taste the same.

I've also gotten compliments on my homemade gravy and cheese dip. I used to be asked to make either of those at social dinner functions.

At my previous place of employment, my boss would always request for me to make a cold veggie pizza (not the traditional kind, the kind with cream cheese, chopped up broccoli, carrots, etc)

Konshentz

Konshentz
I don't really have a signature dish... but I got skills on the grill. Haha. Basically anything I grill comes out awesome.

baked ziti! Its my favorite to make, no one really makes them anymore but they are super easy and whenever i make it for like a potluck, it is the first thing to get finished off. I hate it though cause its one of my favorite things to eat but they are rather large so i cant just make it whenever i'm craving it but when i have enough people to eat a full one i barely get any cause everyone noms it down quick.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I make a mean jug of kool-aid! lol, j/k.

My mom makes this great mac n cheese casserole, and I always loved it the most, so I got the recipe. I make it now too and it turns out just as awesome. I guess because I love it so much, I know exactly how to make it turn out amazingly!

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I do have a signature dish, for me it's a nice pea and mushroom vegetarian risotto. I made my version of the risotto about 20 times to perfect the recipe, always changing and altering it. Now everyone loves it!

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I don't know if I'd call it my signature dish, but I make a really good mango salsa. I like to make it in the summer, and serve it with grilled tequila lime chicken and grilled veggies.

I don't really make a lot of other foods from scratch; I don't have time to cook so I buy a lot of Trader Joe's frozen foods.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I have been told I cook delicious pasta.
Different types. The one my friends like the most are spaghetti cooked with tomatoes, zucchini squash, cheddar cheese and olive oil.

omnom . it's very tasty!!