Do you have a passport?

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Do you have a passport? If so, when does it expire?

I just got one recently. It expires in just under 10 years.

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
It seems weird to me that people wouldn't have a passport, but I guess that's just because i've had one since I was really young. I have two due to having dual citizenship. One expires next year, and the other expires in 6 years. MY NZ one has to be renewed every 5 years, and my British one every 10 years.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
I've never had a passport and won't need one for at least another year.

I know a lot of people that have them and they're always shocked to find out that I don't have one. :lol:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have a Passport, I believe it's really important to have one. I've used it three times in my life.

I am not sure when it expires, but I believe it's in 2014.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I got my passport in '98 and had to renew it and get a new picture a couple years ago. My new one should be good until 2018. I've only had to use it to get into France, England, and Canada, but it's still good to have one anyway, even if it's just as an extra ID. Seems like most people in the U.S. only get them if they're traveling abroad, while the rest of the world everybody has them.

Andred373

Registered Member
They are valid for 10 years in SA. In the old apartheid days they were not worth much as we were not accepted in many countries. Use mine plenty as ex pat life has become a good way to earn an income and our expertise is in demand in Africa.

Yeah, I find it strange to come across people who don't have one. But anyway... mine doesn't expire for a good several years yet because I remember renewing it fairly recently. Don't recall exactly when though. Maybe 2 years ago.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I do not own one. I find it odd to come across people who do.

But no, really. I can't justify the cost of one right now. I just looked it up to be certain, and if I wanted a 10 year passport it would cost me $135. I just don't have that lying around to use for a passport. I haven't used one my entire life, so why would I want to spend that much money to have one when I don't have a specific purpose for it?

Sure, I want one...and sure, I want to travel abroad...but if I don't even have the money for a passport right now, I sure as hell don't have the money to be traveling to somewhere I would need one for.

But if any of you who find it strange that I do not have one would like to donate the $135 to get me one...feel free. lol

But if any of you who find it strange that I do not have one would like to donate the $135 to get me one...feel free. lol
I suppose it's less common for N.Americans to own a passport 'cause you have a nice big country to roam around and Europeans tend to want to GTFO of their own countries more often.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Do you guys have other forms of ID, or is the passport the main one? I have a driver's license issued by the state of Texas that I use for everything that requires ID. It's cost is a little more reasonable and is required to own if operating a vehicle.