Do you have a Passport?

Discussion in 'Travel, Points & Rewards' started by ysabel, Jul 29, 2008.

1. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

ExQ's thread just reminded me to check my own passport.

With your current lifestyle, do you need one?

Do you have one (is it still valid, lol)?

Is it hard to get a passport where you live? Any clue how much it costs?

2. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

I have 2.

Last time I renewed my British passport was when I [was still single and] wanted to travel to the US and I needed it to have the new barcode system on it which is the only kind of passport you can use these days to enter the US with such a passport. That cost around $100.

The Israeli one is easily aquired and I used it for my last trip to the UK (instead of my British one, since
    A. To use the British one I'd've had to renew it on account of my surname having changed. Which would've been something like $150
    B. My husband only has an Israeli passport and we didn't want to seperate at the passport control when we arrived.
    C. It costs a fortune to get one for my daughter - who is a legit British subject.)

3. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I don't believe that i have ever had a need for a passport, maybe someday when I'm out on my own I'll be traveling to other countries and then I'll need one.

4. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

I don't have one. I haven't been out of the country thus far in my life. I'll probably end up getting one eventually, but until then I can live without it.

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I remember they had to do new types of passports for those who wanted to go the US. For a specific period, those traveling to the US with the old passports had to get new ones :rolleyes: and if you have the old one, you can get a "visa" of some sort with it. Fortunately for me, I renewed my passport just a month after the new rules so I didn't have probs whatever getting in to the US with just a regular passport.

Do you need a visa to get to the UK, with an Israeli passport?

6. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

Basically yes, one needs a visa to enter the UK with an Israeli passport. But it's much simpler obtaining that, than obtaining one for the US on the Israeli passport.

7. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Yes, I have one it is valid until 2012, UK passports last for 10 years for adults.

Currently no I don't need one, the last time I used it was about 15 months ago when I want to the mainland (<Europe). I only needed it then to get back into the UK as it is exempt from the schengen agreement.

It is not hard for a UK citizen, they cost about £25 I think its been so long I don't remember.

Side Note:
    My sister just had to get a passport photo for her 2 month old baby to fly back to the UK. It took her about 50 attempts before the baby was in the right pose:)

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Here it's valid 5 years for adults and 10 years for minors.

I had to take a pic of my baby for the passport. It was easy this time. But with my middle daughter...it took a long time (she was not even 3mos that time but we had travel plans). They're required to have a straight head, eyes wide open and mouth closed.

9. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

I recently went to the States so I needed mine!!

Had it for a while as I've been abroad several times. Needs renewing next year!

10. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Mines not valid anymore. Hopefully I will need it again when I finally make that trip to Australia.

English-Emo-Boy likes this.