do you have a natural talent?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by exitamentaltemple, Aug 11, 2008.

1. exitamentaltemple

exitamentaltemple Registered Member

i have been playing guitar for about 4 years now and i never had one music lesson .... i just dont get it because i really can pick up any instrument and start playing like i know what im doing .... its crazy !!

2. Corona

Corona Registered Member

I can peer pressure people.

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm generally good at most things that relate to art in some way. Anything that requires creativity I guess, within reason. Not as much music though but that could just be because I never really got into it.

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

If you mean something you do well for someone without training (that makes people think you trained for it a long time), then it's singing.

5. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

See above quote for my answer.
    Guess there's not much sense in saying the same thing twice.:)

Mirage likes this.
  6. barbiegirl14

barbiegirl14 Registered Member

7. Rectify88

Rectify88 Registered Member

Probably my natural adeptness to learning. if you give me a tool or a reference, I can learn pretty much anything. It's the same thing with my Music, I play Guitar as my main discipline, but I'm learning bass by myself.

8. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

People think I'm a great writer even though I've yet to believe anyone.

9. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

The only natural talent I have is that I am a quick learner and good at taking tests. I guess it's because I am a good problem-solver. However, I have found this talent to be problematic at times. I have developed poor study habits over the years. Usually if I don't pick up some new knowledge/concept when it is first introduced to me it will take me longer than an average person to understand the idea.

However, everything else I have had to work hard for.

10. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I would say singing, but I had to work really really hard to get where I am at without vocal coaches. That is really it though. Unless you count being good with medical terms and pretty much all human sciences.