Do you have a hard time accepting defeat?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Do you have a hard time accepting defeat? Or do you give up on things/people pretty easily?

I personally have a hard time accepting defeat, I'm a very competetive person and I hate finishing second place and when I do it takes me a very long time to get over it.

I'm better then I was five years ago at accepting it, but I still have a real hard to accept defeat.

it depends on what we're talking about.... in athletics i can accept defeat pretty easy but in relationships (romantic and not) i really cant ever give up, even if i know its done

it depends on what we're talking about.... in athletics i can accept defeat pretty easy but in relationships (romantic and not) i really cant ever give up, even if i know its done
Stalker tendencies...yikes.

Defeat is a word I will never be comfortable with. I am extremely competitive and have a hard time accepting a loss.
I love competing and the thrill of winning, but a loss can leave me re-hashing what I could/should have done differently for weeks afterwards.

padd

Registered Member
No I can't.. but one time, In a hockey playoff my team was basicly.. what you'd call an underdog. maybe 2 years ago, we never had the best players in the league.. and some of our players weren't even as big as the other teams.. including me. Anyways we made it to the finals and lost that series. And although it was a defeat I was happy we made it that far.

Blueyes

Registered Member
Usually not if I care about what it is but some things I will just lose to be done with it all. For the most part though I'm very competitive and hate losing.

persephone

Registered Member
I am the same way when it comes to relationships. I guess it's hard to accept that it's over when you still have things to say. Sometimes you just need a little closure. In other things I like to win, but it doesn't really phase me if i don't.

Stalker tendencies...yikes.

Defeat is a word I will never be comfortable with. I am extremely competitive and have a hard time accepting a loss.
I love competing and the thrill of winning, but a loss can leave me re-hashing what I could/should have done differently for weeks afterwards.
i meant like my boyfriend of three years and i were basically over and i didnt want to be with him anymore but for some reason whenever we'd start to break up id stop it.... random but i finally learned i dont want to be with him so just dont be with him!

i meant like my boyfriend of three years and i were basically over and i didnt want to be with him anymore but for some reason whenever we'd start to break up id stop it.... random but i finally learned i dont want to be with him so just dont be with him!
I'm guessing this was a pretty recent break-up?

DLFerguson

Registered Member
In the words of James T. Kirk: "I don't like losing"

I suppose that's why I've never been into team sports. It used to drive me up the mollyfoggin' wall when I was out there sweating and busting my ass to win and one of my teammates would shrug and say "it's just a game" Give me a sport like tennis where if I lose it's either because of me or my opponent is a better player and not because of somebody on my team not giving a damn.

I've always hated that saying: "It's not how you win or lose, it's how you play the game." In that case, then why do we bother keeping score?