Do you have a favourite controller?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Chaos, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

Pretty simple, really. I was just wondering if anyone else has a favourite or preferred controller for their console? Why do you prefer it?

I do, and so does my friend. One of my 360 controls is a lighter grey than the other, probably because it's older (I've had it since I got my XBOX), and it's the one I've always used. It doesn't feel right to use the other one, really. I also had a preferred one for the original XBOX - I had two, and they were identical. The way I knew which was my one, was by the feel of the back of it. It had a sticker which I constantly rubbed, out of habit. So I just knew it by touch.

My friend also has a preferred PS3 controller. He can tell which is his by rubbing it to see which is smoother, or something like that. :hah:

AnitaKnapp likes this.

2. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah. I have a pink 360 one. I think it's super cute, and I prefer it out of just because it's pink and awesome.

However, it is broken. The person I'm playing moves, even when I'm not touching the controller...so I have to switch to a different controller when playing something more competitive...but I still use the pink one the most. I plan on replacing it when I have some extra cash.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  3. Kibi

Kibi Babeasaurus Sex

Yeah my wiimote...

Its awesome and it's got a black and silver jelly thingy around it....

:D

when I was younger I had my snes controller that was pink!!!

4. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

My wireless Dualshock 3 controller is my favorite. Nothing special about it, other than that it's mine. Haha.

5. Unity

Unity Chett Chetterfield Staff Member

It's funny, I was playing with my 2nd controller on my 360 recently, while waiting to buy a new battery for the rechargeable controller. It wasn't as worn down on the sticks, but just wasn't MY controller lol. So my old one is the one I like to stick with, just feels right. And now it has a mismatched black battery pack (it's a regular, white 360 controller) and that makes it all the more awesome.

6. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

From playing the Medic Role in MAG so much I've beaten the hell out of my L2 button (bottom left shoulder for those who arent familiar with the Sixxaxis). So its ultra sensitive in comparison to all the other Controllers I have.

Now the controller itself is not any different than the standard Sixaxxis other than now that L2 is on a hair trigger touch.

Nobody at my house likes using that controller becuase they find the L2 being to distracting... but I love it.

As far as controller styles... I've handled just about every controller available including FragFX... and I always come back to the DualShock style. For me its the most comfortable. The 360 controller feels odd and wrong, although i was able to get used to using it... Ive never been comfortable holding it.

I've actually even got a Dualshock style USB Logitech brand controller that I use for my PC Gaming. Although the L2 on that one isnt as sensitive hahaha.

7. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah, that's another way I can tell my controller from the other one, because the thumbsticks are so worn and smooth, heh.

Gah, one of my friend's controller has that same problem, you can be playing CoD or Bad Company and just whip out a grenade or a flashbang by just brushing against the L2 button. I think his is just fucked, though. (He's a rage-gamer.)

(Also, sixaxis controllers aren't the only ones with the L2 button, it's the same on all the controllers isn't it?)

8. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I don't really have any 360 controller that I prefer, we have 2 with cords and 2 wireless I prefer the wireless.

For N64, I know my controller by touch, still use it, the joystick isn't all jacked up like the others.

Usually I prefer styles of controllers over very specific controllers though.

9. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

The White 360 controller is pretty sweet...so I guess I like that one :):)

10. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Wait, is mine dualshock 3 or sixaxis? Or are they the same thing? Haha.