Do You Have a Blu-Ray Player?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Mirage, Nov 29, 2008.

?

Do You Have a Blu-Ray Player?

1. Yes

28.6%
  2. No

71.4%
  1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Do you have a Blu-Ray player? I don't but I'd like to get one soon, at least a blu-ray drive for my computer. I'd like to find a decent Sony or Samsung one though. I have my eyes out this holiday season.

I haven't bought a single DVD since Blu-Ray was named the official next gen format though. I'd rather wait until I have Blu-Ray and get movies in better quality.

Who here has one?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2008

2. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

I am going to be getting a PS3 in the near future, so I will have one before the end of the year.

3. PentaCube

PentaCube Registered Member

I do not, but a room mate of mine owns a PS3...too bad he has it hooked up to a standard def. TV.

4. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Nope, don't have one and I won't buy one unless I absolutely can't get DVDs in other formats anymore.

5. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't think I will get one soon, maybe when they get a little bit cheaper in Aus I might, I have a PS3 at the moment which will do :)

6. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Nah, don't have it, might buy it soon actually.

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I don't have a blu-ray player. I haven't stopped buying DVDs either.

Blu-ray is not on top of my priority list to have one right now.

8. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

No i don't have a blu-ray player, I'd like to get one though, the picture quality step up is amazing compared to DVDs, I'm so glad that HD-DVD didn't win.

9. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I have a blu-ray player in my computer and I have a PS3... But I have never rented or bought a Blu-ray DVD.

10. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

when you do... hook that beeatch up to the internet and we'll roll on the PSN sometime.

I have a PS3, cant say I'd really ever go out and buy a Blu-Ray player on its own when you can buy the PS3. It'd be like the difference in buying a single blade knife and a Switchblade. There's just so much more the PS3 has to offer than a standard Blu-Ray player can.

I do have 1 Blu-Ray movie... they are expensive so I dont go out and buy them all that often obviously. I tend to do more renting than buying, blockbuster is starting to rent out Blu-Ray videos so if I can snag one up I will. But more often than not I just go with a standard.