do you guys think ....................................

Discussion in 'Anime' started by sailorruby, Apr 17, 2010.

1. sailorruby

sailorruby Registered Member

that naruto bleach and one piece are too popular i mean yeah i'm just saying that they have way too many merchandise

2. Envy

Envy Band Nerd ♫

What's the problem with being popular? At least we have some anime that are popular around here. (and One Piece really isn't one of them, by the way.)

3. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

The most popular Animes in America aren't even on tv anymore. Dragonball Z is probably one of the, if not the most popular Anime next to Pokemon over here. Gundam was also a huge one, but back when it was Gundam Wing.

If you mention One Piece here most people will think you're talking about a bathing suit.

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  4. Envy

Envy Band Nerd ♫

Actually Dragon Ball Kai is on TV right now. (it's a remastered DBZ with a lot of the filler cut, if you didn't know.) It's on Nicktoons right now, and will be airing on CW4Kids sometime later.

lol Yeah, that's true. And for the vast majority that actually know what the One Piece anime/manga is, a lot of them will label it as trash because they saw the 4Kids dub.

It may be as popular as ever in Japan, but in America, it is not in the least bit mainstream.

5. stevenfermi

stevenfermi Registered Member

Well, all of those fall under shonen, which only is about 50% of the demographic (well, not really, but that's what it technically should be). There are many popular shojo animes, including your namesake. That's also where we get the creepy crossplay images from. :D

6. luffysan

luffysan New Member

lol
    I think so absolutely!!!!!
    Actually, they are the best 3 I am watching now~