• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do you grow anything?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Be it, flowers, fruits, vegetables, trees, ect?

Personally, I don’t since I don’t have a backyard. But, growing vegetables is definitely a big thing around where I live.

Impaired

Registered Member
I gave up the vegetable patch. Between the deer, the deer, rodents, the deer and the deer - so far the only things 100% safe are tobasco pepper bushes, which do not grow real well outside Philly where I live.

So we have flowers (the deer eat some of them too) - when we moved in, we fell in love with the idea of a creek at the bottom of the back yard.

I still do, love the creek - but it is a deer superhighway and they like my exit.

I am thankful that due to radiant heat in the floor (nothing better) I have no basement and since I am about 15' above the top of the creek bank, which is 4 feet above the creek, flooding has never been an issue.

It really can't. During Hurricane Andrew we had the worst flooding - the creek rose 3 feet almost to the bank, which is still far below my basementless house.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
We have huge yards and tons of plants but I never tried growing anything until last fall. I had a seriously sprained ankle and I saw a really cool plant when mom visited a plant nursery.
It's called Dumb Cane or Dieffenbachia and it's in a pot in my room with a grow light. It hates direct sunlight and I can't let people or pets touch it. South Americans use it to make poison darts.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I only have a small blacony but I have three venus fly traps. Their names are Devil's Snare, Professor Sprout and Mandrake. I talk to them and give them filtered water and they flower every Spring I love my evil mouth plant babies.