Movies Do you go to the movie theaters?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hybrix posted something in another thread that gave me this idea of a thread. Do you guys go to the movie theaters, or you rather wait till it comes out on dvd? If you don't go to the movie theaters please tell me why you dont. If you do go, is it occasionally, or just when you really want to see a movie?

padd

Registered Member
nah i dont go anymore, well i never really went to the movie much. to me the cinema is an event.. i'd much rather go to a bar and watch a game than going to the cinema to watch a movie.. that's why i wait till they come out so i can rent them whenever i want.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
I never go to the movie, it's not worth half the price of a movie just to see it when it comes out.

although I will be seeing the dark knight in theaters, I just can't wait for that one.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Some movies just need to be seen in theaters (if you don't have a massive home theater set up) like 300. Watching those movies at home or on a computer just doesn't give you the same experience.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Very well said Cons. I totally agree with you when you say some movies need to be seen at the movie theater.

Personally I love going to the movie theater. I don't go all the time, but when there's a really good movie coming out, I rather see it right away in the theater then wait till it comes out on dvd.

Yeah, I agree. Also, if it is with my girl or just a big crowd of friends I will go. Last week we went to see Semi-pro. Very funny movie if you are into Will Ferrell movies.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Last movie I saw in the theaters was Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (Pirates 2).

Next movie I will see in the theaters will be Batman Dark Knight. I don't really like seeing movies in the theaters. I spent hundreds of dollars seeing movies every weekend in high school and consider that hundreds of dollars wasted.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I'd rather see any movie in the theater, but money is an issue so I only pick the ones I really want to watch. Everything's better in the theaters. Even if there are people around you, it still beats computer speakers and an office chair. All the sensations you take in are greatly increased in a theater.

kiwi

The Original Kiwi
Some movies just need to be seen in theaters (if you don't have a massive home theater set up) like 300. Watching those movies at home or on a computer just doesn't give you the same experience.
I actually think 300 was the last movie I saw in the theater. I don't go mostly cause movies generally suck nowadays and I don't want to pay 20 bucks to go see one and also, cause of the kids, trying to find a babysitter and such isn't always worth it, although we should probably go on dates more. Another reason is we can usually work out seeing a movie for minimal cost without going to the theaters before it's released on DVD anyway.

Vegito728

Registered Member
Cloverfield is a perfect example of this.

I don't see a lot of movies in theaters, usually the "big" ones. I don't see why people waste their money on some movies (Meet the Spartans, the Eye, etc etc). I will be going to see Ironman/Dark Knight in theaters though.

Last edited: