• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do You Go Drinking/Parting During The Week?

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
Obviously the best time to go out drinking ect would be the weekend, that's a given.

But do any of you hit the bottle and go partying during week day nights? (i.e Monday-Thursday).

Now I play pool for my local pub on a Tuesday night and always end up stumbling home in the early hours of Wednesday morning, this makes working Wednesday very tough indeed.

I also enjoy the weekly 80's music night at a local night club on Thursday nights.

I know I shouldn't really do this but it's too hard to resist a good night out regardless of the day and what I'm doing the following day.

What about you guys?

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Very hardly, on Tuesday's I play dodgeball in a league, and sometimes after the game will hit a pub for a pint or two. Then on Thursday's I go out to another pub with friends for wing night and we split a few pitchers, then I might have a few more at home before going to bed. I like to keep my partying to Weekends since I don't have to work the next day.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I used to go out week nights all the time. At the one company I worked at a few years ago, we had a work award function every first Thursday of the month. We would go all out on those and the Friday that followed was a write off. There is also a common thing here in SA - we call it Puza Thursday (or Puuuuza Thirst-day). It's really just an excuse to make a night out of it - every single Thursday.

I was just thinking the other day how Thursdays are the new Fridays. There are more and more functions happening on Thursdays. That said though, I was always dead-weight the next day. I absolutely hated the feeling at the time, but also couldn't really stop myself. It would have to be a really good excuse for me to do that again though!

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
When I get back to uni then you can be damn sure my Wednesdays will be spent partying again!!

Boringness at the minute though because work dictates I must be sober!

lolol.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Yes, in fact I rarely go out at the weekends, only during the week. Usually a Monday or Thursday. I don't really know why, but most universities in the UK have weeknights that are much better to go out on than weekends. I prefer to spend them just relaxing or whatever. Oh and I don't have to be up very early for any lectures on a Friday or Tuesday so it suits me fine.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't go out on the week nights now because of work. I think the only day I went out during the week this year was a work function so I figured that was okay haha.

Even in college I didn't do much drinking during the week. If I did drink during the week I wouldn't usually "go out" and do it. Mostly just drink illegally in the dorm or in the apartment.

BigBob

Registered Member
As of right now, no.. but whenever I was in college, all the time. Like most college students, I'd drink before class and then when I'd get back, drink a little more. I went out more on weekends though, but I did drink on weekdays.

Impact

V.I.P.
I used to drink all the time during the weekdays, but not so much any more. Usually it would be a few drinks on Wednesday, followed by a complete blow out every Thursday for Thirsty Thursday. I'd usually about 3-4 hours to sober up for work on the Friday. And those Friday's sucked, nothing much got done at all. Now I can actually drink any day I want to, I don't really do it. Although there have been the odd few nights of getting shitfaced during the week.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I used to drink and go out 7 days a week regardless of what time I have to get up in the morning. Just recently I got in a bad accident, and my funds are a bit short for partying 7 days a week right now. So the next few months I will be drinking on Wednesdays for dollar night and Thursdays for my dart league.

Dabs

Registered Member
I don't go out partying/drinking even on the weekends ~LoL~
Altho tonight, I stopped in at Applebee's and had one pina colada......that's only something I do very rarely, maybe once a month!
I'm 48, not a college kid.....and while I may feel like I'm 25 at times...I'm not..plus I have to take care of an 11 year old child, so, my partying/drinking days........I can't say they are over, cause I never had any...but that's not my life :)