• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do you exercise?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I had been going to a local gym for a while, but stopped this past month due to moving out to Colorado. I haven't found a new gym to join yet.

I have some basic equipment anyway that I can use to work out, such as dumbbells, pull up bar, bench, etc.

Then of course push ups are a given. Any time, any place. :)

My only problem is that I don't run very much, so I get worn out fast when doing so. I won't even mention my time on the mile, but it's gotten much worse after moving to 7,500 feet altitude! :(

I've tried some mountain biking which will REALLY kick your butt, and also some street biking just in neighborhoods, but with pretty intense hills.

I miss the flat biking of Nebraska already. So far I haven't found anything even close to it. :D

So, what do you do for exercise?

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
I walk 2 miles every morning, and twice a week I do 2 miles on some pretty intense hills. Then my job is pretty physical as well. I have a pedometer and during the week when I am working I put 20 to 25k steps on it daily. the weekends 10 to 12 LOL

leopard22

Registered Member
Uh-oh. Now I feel like a sloth or some other creature.

I walk my dog but that's about it. Used to do the treadmill regularly but it's so much nicer to walk here. I don't do nearly as much as I should though.

I wish there were some form of exercise that I really enjoyed. I would love to rollerblade, but the roads here are too narrow with few sidewalks to do it safely.

leopard22

Registered Member
Well this past week I spent about 5 hours helping my cousins move a huge pile of dirt from our driveway around to the back of the house, where some of the bank has eroded. I rediscovered muscles I did not know I had as well as reacquainting my hands with blisters. It's all done now but made me realize I really am out of shape in terms of strength and endurance, but did make me glad I'm not working on a chain gang. :)

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I want to start running, but I don't know where or how.

Dragon

V.I.P.
Excercise? What's that? lol. I do the walk around the block thing and try to shoot some hoops. I wish I can lift weights but I can't. The doctor put me on weight restrictions because of my heart. I am also eating healthier eating chicken and fish. I cut down on fast food. So no more eating 2 big macs, 3 double cheeseburgers etc. I also cut down on drinking. It's time that I take care of my health.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Surfing, Surfing, and more surfing. Be it on land or water. I just can't get enough!

Hey Andrew try The Garden of the Gods. You will like that. :nod: