Do you ever control your SO's looks?

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by Interested, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Interested

Interested Registered Member

I am just wondering do many of you ever try to control how does your SO look when going out. Do you ever buy them clothes that YOU like?

If so, why and do you do it all the time or does it depend on whom you are going out with?

Do you take pride in how does your SO look?

For example, my boyfriend always tried to buy me short dresses (I do not like those)... All the dresses that are short were bought by him.. And he used to ask me to wear something particular if we were going out with his friends (of course, I almost never listen...)

2. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

No, I figure he managed to dress himself just fine for 46 years before I came into the picture, why on earth does he need me to tell him what to do now? I fell in love with him, not a dress-up doll.

3. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

He has his own sense of style / taste which can be :shifteyes: at times but if he likes it, that's all that really matters to me, after all, I married him for him not for his sense of style. However, if we're out shopping and he asks me for my opinion of the item(s) he picks out, I will tell him exactly what I think of it whether he likes my answer or not.
    ...He's clean, always smells yummy and takes pride and care with his skin, body and hair so I'm happy even if he likes / wears some of the "flamboyant" trends.:D <3

4. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

One of my ex girlfriends tried to change my appearance and at that time she failed but once I got a fulltime I ended up changing to what she wanted.

Of course by then I wasn't with her anymore, lol.

5. monstertoad101

monstertoad101 Registered Member

nope, he can dress himself :)

my ex boyfriend used to always tell me to cover up, as he didn't like she showing the slightest bit of cleavage, etc, short dresses were a no go.

However, my current boyfriend encourages me to wear what i want, and prefers it when i where short dresses, or tops that show my cleavage, because he likes how i look, although, he won't tell me wear them, unless i want to

6. gnostica

gnostica Registered Member

I would never buy my husband clothes, he's an adult, that just seems demeaning to me. But, my mother for her entire life purchased my father's clothes, and he didn't seem to mind, so I guess everyone's different.

Other than joking around though, no, I don't determine what my husband does or does not do with his appearance. He's a grown man, he can do that on his own.

Yes, I'm proud of the way he looks.

7. Adastra

Adastra Registered Member

I would never tell Asher what to wear, he dresses just fine on his own. The only time he says anything about how I dress if he does not deem it appropriate for where we are going, out of respect as a couple I generally see why he would say so and we compromise.

We don't buy clothes for each other, there is no reason too.

8. DaBeav825

DaBeav825 Registered Member

my so never tells me what to wear she tells me if i look stupid in something and i figure she is probably right since i can't coordinate colors to save my butt. i like what clothes she wears and she asks me if i like clothes before she buys them and she respects my opinions.

9. k3rm0r

k3rm0r Registered Member

I didn't realy care abouth how she dressed. Gues it's cuz she already dressed in what i liked?.. But i generaly don't mind. If u/your SO feels comfortable in what they were, that's what makes em look sexy/good anyways.. going around in stuff u dont want to wear just makes u look wierd and out of place.

10. Easily-Amused

Easily-Amused http://easily-amused.com/

I have never tried to change how my boyfriend looks. I like his style a lot on him actually :) I have bought him accessories that I think he likes, but they are very much his style.

He has never tried to change my style, but I have gone through so many different styles in my life, and he always encourages me to try what I like. I'll wear a flowy green and white sundress one day and then all black, chains, and combat boots the next and he'll love both looks. He does encourage me to always put "twists" on things, though. For example, I have this fantastic silver dress that he bought for me, and it seems like it would go with a small black sweater and plain black shoes, but he suggested I wear my purple combat boots. He'd never force me to wear that combination, but he helps me compile them.