Do you enjoy raiding in MMORPGs?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by viLky, Jun 9, 2009.

1. viLky

viLky ykLiv

When you play a MMORPG, do you enjoy raiding with others?

If you don't know what a raid is, or if you never experienced one, well, in a nutshell a raid is where you and your guild take on a monster/mob that requires a large amount of people to take on. A mob that isn't soloable or groupable.

For me, I like it. Even if our whole guild gets wiped it's nice to take somebody down with me rather than dying just by myself. Hehe. Of course, taking down a super boss-like mob is always a great feeling. Share the loot and either take it on again to get loot for others or move onto a harder raid mob.

The only problem I have -- which I know it goes along with raiding with others -- is the nazism and non-freewill you have while raiding with others. You're basically being told what your role is and that's that. You don't really have the option of saying no or doing something else. I know, I KNOW, it's all apart of raiding, I just get annoyed sometimes since I don't get to do my own plan. Other than that, it's great fun.

You?

2. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

I like the sound of raiding, but I'd rather not go with a group that's all SRS BSNS. I'd rather go with a group that, while having some sort of plan, does it for the hell of it.

3. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I enjoy doing it, did a fair bit of it in WoW when I used to play it.

4. Jindrax

Jindrax Registered Member

I loved it :D taking on a dungeon :D on ventrillo ^^ everytime something epic happends the party leader ( who was usualy this grown man while i was 13 ) going like : yeah well played guys keep it up. those were probly the most fun times in any mmorpg for me

5. viLky

viLky ykLiv

That's the thing, my nerdiness only goes so far. I couldn't bare getting on Vent and having a discussion about an MMORPG with people from my guild. It was so weird hearing game speak during the raid with comments like "Piena, try and Twin Cast Forces of Nature on the adds.", "Slashy, tank the adds while we pull the mob somewhere else.", "I just need one more loot drop and my epic will be complete. Let's do it, guys!" -- Um, hearing that was just too much for me. That's when I said "Sorry, I don't use Vent, anymore." and people responded with "Aww, why not? It's easier to lead a raid."

I don't mind the text comments, but hearing it in real life is another story. :D