• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do you eat your meals at set times?

Bliss

Sally Twit
Are you the type of person that just eats when you feel hungry, eats when you have a free minute or do you have set meal times?

I don't eat breakfast because it makes me feel sick. The first time I usually eat is 11am and it's always a cereal bar or some fruit.
During the week when I am at work I always have lunch at 1pm.
Then when I get home from work around 6pm I almost always put dinner on. Or my boyfriend does.

On weekends I literally just eat when I feel like it.

redroses

Registered Member
i always just eat when i feel like it
ive never had set meal times even as a child
i like to have my lunch quite late about 2 sometimes 3 then my tea at about 7 maybe even 8 o'clock, this stops me from snacking so much and i cant sleep if i go to bed hungry i normally have some toast or something as soon as i wake up for breakfast.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The only meal I eat at a set time is dinner, because we always eat when my dad gets home from work. All my other meals I eat whenever I feel hungry.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Nope, I just eat whenever I want, and whatever I want. Set meal times have never been a thing for me. I also don't do the "three meals a day" thing.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I eat all three of my meals when I feel hungry. Dinner usually has a regular time from 5-7 because I want to eat it when it's hot. Sometimes dinner is just a bunch of leftovers and waits until around 8pm.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Yeah generally, although I sometimes miss brekkie.

But always make sure I get 'me' dinner around noonish, usually at work - and always have 'me' tea in the early evening. Might have supper too if I can be bothered with it and depending on how much snap I've scoffed in the day.

Impact

V.I.P.
I don't really eat meals at a set time. I'll eat about an hour after I wake up, because that's when I first get hungry, then 2-3 hours apart from then until I go to sleep. But because the times I wake up changes so dramatically each day, my meal times are always different.

Puck

Registered Member
During weekdays, my lunch is always at the same time. Breakfast is usually either half an hour after I get up and before I leave for work or about 9AM after I've gotten to work. But on weekends, breakfast is whenever I'm hungry, the same with lunch.
My dad has a thing about dinner and it's always between 5:30-6PM, weekdays and weekends. It's kind of annoying, especially on weekends because sometimes I won't eat lunch until like 4.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I don't have set times as in hour but rather depends on activity. I drink my chocolate milk for "breakfast" which is really whenever I wake up in the morning, even if I wake up past midday. Then about 4-5 hours after that I have lunch. Usually though, like when kids go to school I'd have lunch with them when they're home for lunch on MWF. Sometimes I skip dinner, especially if I've had late lunch or drank too much chocomilk when I get thirsty/hungry in the middle of the day.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I used to have a lot easier of a pattern because of my living situation. When I lived at home my mom would cook everyday and it would always be ready at 5:30 when I got home from work. I would eat lunch at around noon.

It's a little different now days since I live at home. My dinner is usually 6 or 6:30 because since I have to prepare it now myself. It also means my lunch is 12:30 or 1. I do like to keep a pattern of some sort.