Do you eat meat on Good Friday?

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by Babe_Ruth, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I was wondering if you ate meat on Good Friday? If no what do you eat usually to replace meet?

I never eat meat on Good Friday, I usually replace it by eatting salad, tilapia which is a type of fish and eggs. I am not a fan of tilapia, but I can still eat it, I usually put some BBQ sauch on there.

So how about you guys and gals?

2. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I treat it as any other day eating wise, except maybe a little more chocolate than usual. I didn't realise that people didn't eat meat just because it's Good Friday. Guess you learn something new every day.

3. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

To me it's another day. I have never observed the no meat on Good Friday but then again I am not Christian or Catholic or any other religious belief that follows the Good Friday traditions so it's just another day to me.

4. Lesley

Lesley Registered Member

Yes. As an agnostic I don't observe religion-inspired food restrictions.

5. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

I'll be eating chicken. That counts as a meat right? I don't follow the religion that observes non meat eating, and so I've never felt any need to not eat meat on that day. However, I do respect those that don't eat meat, by not waving a slab of steak in front of their faces etc.

6. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

Yup, I will eat/ate meat like a champ this year. I went out to dinner with my mom, she didn't so she just had some fish and other foods that weren't products of meat.

~Shwa

7. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I treat it like any other day and eat meat on Good Friday. I just try not to eat meat in front people that don't eat meat on Good Friday.

8. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Easter eggs? :lol:

Yes I eat meat on Good Friday. Most likely it'll be chicken.

9. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

I wasn't aware of the no-meat Friday. Still I'll be having hake that day.

10. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Yeah, I still eat meat on Good Friday. Just like any other day really.