• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do You Drink?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Well, the topic says it all.

As per usual with anything I ask of you guys, I want an explanation so we can further our.. uh.. "conversations" that are bound to happen afterwards. Drinking is interesting, because I know that there are people who drink yet understand why they shouldn't.

To answer, yes, I do, but I won't talk about why until later in the topic.

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
As of 7 years ago, no. I used to drink, not get drunk, but socially from time to time I would have a drink with dinner or when we went out. The reason I decided not to drink anymore is simple, well for me I guess : ) my daughter had just been born and I just thought one night, how can I teach her that it is not ok to drink if I have stuff like that in the house. So I told my husband that we should stop drinking and to my surprise he said ok and I cleaned it all out of the house and never had anything to drink since. Now I know that my conscience will be clear when I talk to my daughter about drinking and smoking and blah blah. I didn't want her growing up in a home that had it around, and I didn't want her to ever see me drinking.

I am around a lot of people that drink with dinner or something and that doesn't bother me. I don't care if anyone else drinks, it's just a personal parental decision for me.

maledoro

Strange Visitor
I've been drinking since I was six years old. Although it is a sign of alcoholism to say that one is not an alcoholic, I can say that I am not as I do not follow the symptoms of an alcholic (except for the ones posted on Xtian websites which pretty much describe anyone who has an occasional drink.).

Since having been diagnosed as a diabetic, I have cut back on drinking alcohol (I still have some wine with my pasta) and will have a good abbey ale on occasion.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Yes, I've been drinking since sophomore year of high school, which was 10 years ago. I was a lot crazier in my high school days than I am now, but I still like to go all-out every once in a while. I usually get bad hangovers though, so I much prefer getting high.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I drink on occasion, but not very often. Mostly because I don't really need it to have fun, and the fact that it doesn't feel very good to have too much alcohol. I prefer wine to beer and mixed drinks anyway and wine isn't much of a party drink as much as something you get at a nice restaurant. ;)

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Well, it's known that I do. I actually started by having a few beers with my dad, and have been basically a social drinker since I was 16. I've had my party moments, drank too much on occasion, and I've drank alone several times. I was with a girl who was for all intents and purposes, an alcoholic. It started to turn me, and I gave it up for a while to get over that. Now I'm back to a few beers at a party with friends, a cold one after work, mixed drinks randomly. It works well. But, just like Echoes, I prefer getting high.

Gwiz

Registered Member
I've been drinking for the past 10 years now and lately, I've been cutting back a lot. Now, I just drink socially, rather I'm at a bar or at a night club. I just dont think it's as exciting as it used to be. I prefer light beers now, and definitely not into wines.

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
I drank a lot when I was in my 20's...now that I'm a wee bit older ;) I've cut down to about a fifth a day (I'm just KIDDING)
I drink a few times a month, mainly when I have friends over. I'm actually allergic to wine, champagne and sugary drinks, so I have to go with the less sophisticated rum and Diet Coke when I drink.

CaliforniaSteve

Registered Member
I am known to drink on occasion with friends. Its more of a social thing with me more than shooting to get drunk. I guess it started last year when an old friend of mine got an apartment. He had beer around and, being poor, it was the only thing to drink besides the poor quality town water coming out of the faucets. It started there, and I have been a social drinker ever since. Even have the $300 fine for underage possession to prove it.:D
Smoking a joint is much more preferable though.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
CaliforniaSteve, you realize that pop (or soda, whichever you want to call it) is cheaper than even the cheapest beer. ;)

You make it sound like Beer was the cheapest thing to drink besides water. LOL! :lol: