Do you double-dip?

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by Chaos, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

Double-dipping - the act of dipping, biting, then dipping again.

I'm talking in sauces, dips, etc, be it chips/fries, or crisps/chips.

...Guilty...BUT. I only do it when I have sauce or dip to myself, in which case it's fine. :D If I'm sharing then hell no, just as I wouldn't want anyone else doing it if they were sharing sauce. :sick:

2. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I do it all the time. Like you though, only if it's my own dip. If I'm sharing I find it so hard not to dip again but I know I'd get attacked if I did. I'd never hear the end of it.

3. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I tend to double dip no matter what but I'm a gentleman about it. I'll dip, bite, and dip again but I'll use the other side of the chip so I'm not putting the chewed portion back in there.

Bliss likes this.
  4. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

like Bliss, depends on whose dip. If it's me and my sister eating a whole tub of french onion dip, yes. just me and my salsa? yes. with the future in-laws? hell. no.

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

If it's my own dip then of course I'll double dip. Why not? If it's in the middle of the table or something then absolutely not. That's not how I roll.

I guess the other side of the question would be, "Do you still dip if you catch somebody else double dipping?" :lol:
    ------
    What ever helps you sleep at night. :mad:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  6. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

It's just good manners not to when more people are using the dip. Though I can only imagine the amount of food floating around if other people double dip, so I tend to avoid it altogether

7. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

depends on the material.

For instance....

if I have a Chips & Dip, and the viscosity of the Dip mixture is thick enough so as to leave an evident trail of what was previously dipped... I will in fact take a bit with my teeth, not lipping it so as to slick it up with excess saliva. Then re-dip with the presumptably clean chip.

Now if we're talking something with less viscosity, say Tortilla chips and Salsa, I will not. Because its to difficult to discern the difference between the Clear Salsa liquid and excess saliva.

If its just me, I dont give a fuck and I'll quadruple dip that bitch. But if its a shared community party dip or something, I will in fact be very careful so as to not spread any excess saliva. I have a cousin whom I think has a slight case of down syndrome, he will snot up a chip on his first bite and then dip it again... lmao its pretty nasty :hah:

Jaszibabes and Bliss like this.
  8. Jaszibabes

Jaszibabes The Instigator V.I.P. Lifetime

I double dip if the dip is my own, or konshentz's, or someone in my family. But, if it's anything else, I do what Millz does. Haha.

9. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Whaaat? It's a double dip but not really because my saliva isn't going in there.

Its a skill, you cant teach this shit.

10. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

It does help! I do the same thing Millz does and I sleep like a baby.

You know, up every two hours, hungry at 3 AM, stuff like that. :-/