• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do you donate blood?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've done it about ten times since 2012, which doesn't seem like a lot, but I still feel good about myself for doing it, and I hope it helped some people that were in dire need of it. How about you guys?

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I haven't yet but I feel like given that I've received 2 transfusions as a kid, that I should. However, I never really knew if there were any restrictions on those who have received blood themselves. Once I know more about this, it's gonna be time that I do so.

Impaired

Registered Member
Donated gallons but not for the past 10 years. My mother in law was a Red Cross nurse and when she retired i stopped hearing about the drives, mostly. If they ask for A+ I always go.

Impaired

Registered Member
I have to admit, my start was while in the military. If you donated blood, you got be be treated nice by nurses and then they were not allowed to work you hard the rest of the day.

I gave every six months like clockwork while in the USAF.

Shwa

V.I.P.
I've done it plenty, though it's 'frowned upon' because of my sexuality, I still do it. I get tested regularly so if my blood can save a life, AI have no problem giving it. Nuts to the rules.

~Shwa

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've done it once, while in high school, haven't done so since.

Basically, I almost passed out during the transfusion and they had to feed cookies to me and weren't even able to keep the blood that they took.

So had a bad experience...probably won't do so again unless I have too for some reason.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I can't because of health problems I've had, namely my kidney transplant. Blood transfusions literally saved my life once when a medication caused my red blood cell count to drop dangerously low, so I sincerely appreciate those that do donate blood.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I never had issues with needles, but I was a bit nervous the first time because I didn't know what to expect. Last time I did it, the nurse told me I had nice veins. I told her that's the nicest compliment I've gotten all week. She had a good laugh.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've thought about it but never have. I don't know if they even have a blood drive around here, never heard of one. Guess we are too far out in the boonies for that.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
I haven't donated in years due to the both the mobile unit and the donation center screwing up the needle placement which messed up my arm (twice to my right arm, 3 times to my left arm). So I refuse to donate again, though that's just my experiences, I support anyone who donated though.