• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do you display your own art?

Do you display your own art?

• Total voters

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
To the artists on here, do you display your own art? I have a few of my pieces framed and on display. Generally, I like to keep these limited to a few, but seeing them also encourages me to keep making new art.

I have made a few drawings of people I know and I find that displaying those is sometimes more interesting than simply displaying a picture.

This question doesn't have to relate only to flat/framed art.

Twitch

Registered Member
Definitely! I haven't framed any of my pencil work, but if I were to get around to it I could absolutely see it on my wall. At the place I lived during my senior year I put up a couple pieces above a doorframe that worked well with each other. Not only does seeing them make me want to keep making art, as you've said, but the comments others make about them as well.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
When I was in high school my grandmother would display my art all over the house. My pencil drawings were fair but I wouldn't call them great.

Several years after her death I went back to the farm and to the house I grew up in which was in really bad shape by this time. A picture I drew of some of the buildings on the farm were still hanging in her old bedroom. Kind of made me sad.

Impaired

Registered Member
Yes. A few drawings, but mostly my photos. A third of the things on walls in my house are photos I have taken.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Yes, I have a few of my things hanging up on my desk at work, not so much because I'm proud of them - I am - but more because they make me happy.

Impaired

Registered Member

I took this photo at a stop light in the rain one soggy Philly day. The shot was blurry but I liked the woman with the red umbrella. I played around with effects and finally made it into a colorized water color.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I consider my music a form of art, and i do try to spread it around when i can. Its hard though because not everyone has time to view/listen objectively. Good friends will always just say 'oh yah, sounds nice' but never actually think about it eh. But oh well, sometimes its just enjoyable to say 'hey i made something', spam it around placves, people will listen/view when they can, otherwise, meh