• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do you consider yourself to be healthy?

dDave

V.I.P.
Pretty basic question really. Do you feel as if you are a healthy person?

I'd answer yes for myself. I certainly have my moments where I decide to have a coke, eat some fast food, etc. Overall though, I'd say that I'm a healthy person. I work out regularly, I'm not overweight, I have a very balanced diet, and I get plenty of fresh air. Just breathing the Colorado air is hard for some people, I've never had an issue with it even when hiking. I know there are plenty of other categories that could fall under healthy, those are the main things though.

Recently, I've been staying up too late. That's one thing I need to work on if I intend to stay healthy.

Do you consider yourself to be a healthy person?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think I am, I try to do all the right things. I try not to drink too many sugary drinks, eat right, try to keep my weight down and exercise.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Absolutely not. I just quit smoking, and I'm sure it will take quite a while for my body to recover from that. I don't feel like I am in shape, at all. Since I quit smoking, this is what I will be working on next...exercising and eating right. I was putting a good effort into eating right, until I quit smoking. Now that I have a handle on that, I'm going to put forth another try.

Incidentally, I was at the doctor's office today to go over my labwork, and the labs actually say I'm extremely healthy. I was only 4 points over on cholesterol (too many fried foods lately). I'm going back in 4 months and the doc says all I need to do is lose 10 lbs, which shouldn't be difficult for me now. Just waiting on moving before I start. In my new place I'm going to have a gaming room dedicated to using Kinect and exercising.

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
I do consider myself healthy. Even though I weigh more than what I'm supposed to weigh, I've realized from all the running and the exercise I've been doing, muscle weighs more than fat. Even not eating much like I used to helps out a lot.

Misdoubt

Registered Member
In the end I'd say so. I regulate myself and my weight and activity tends to stay the same, I'm able to do what I need to do and I rarely get sick, etc. The worst part would probably be a bit of my diet and maybe a lurking lack of the proper amount of something I need, but it has had little noticeable effect. I tend to be an outdoorsy and more active and extroverted person as well, so a lot of 'good lifestyle choices' come from that.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Absolutely yes!

I eat very healthy food, all home-made. I have a very picky diet (in the sense that it's all about vegetables, salads, fish, chicken, too picky with sugar and salt...etc) and drink fresh fruit juice all day. Drink PLENTY of water (at least 2 L). Walk/work out regularly.

So yeah, thanks to mom I learned how to be healthier.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I go through stages of eating crap food, especially when I am studying, but overall I am healthy. If I do go for a week where I eat heaps of shit then I balance it out by eating well the next week. I don't like public transport and don't have a car so I usually walk everywhere in the city, a lot of the time it's really long walks which is great exercise. I also swim weekly. Also being vegetarian does cut out a lot of crap food I can eat.

dDave

V.I.P.
Absolutely yes!

I eat very healthy food, all home-made. I have a very picky diet (in the sense that it's all about vegetables, salads, fish, chicken, too picky with sugar and salt...etc) and drink fresh fruit juice all day. Drink PLENTY of water (at least 2 L). Walk/work out regularly.

So yeah, thanks to mom I learned how to be healthier.
My mom taught me to be healthy as well. Doesn't mean that I always listened to her though :lol:

I go through stages of eating crap food, especially when I am studying, but overall I am healthy. If I do go for a week where I eat heaps of shit then I balance it out by eating well the next week. I don't like public transport and don't have a car so I usually walk everywhere in the city, a lot of the time it's really long walks which is great exercise. I also swim weekly. Also being vegetarian does cut out a lot of crap food I can eat.
I was about to remind you that you're a vegetarian. Meat is a huge factor in most unhealthy diets I've heard of. I think it can be good for you but you have to do it smart.

Walking everywhere sounds like it'd be great (for a while at least). I just don't live in an area where this is normal or really even possible for the most part.

danwiz

Registered Member
I would call myself "more healthy than the average person". I climb mountains and hike a lot, which I believe puts me in the top 35% of people. I don't eat particularly great and I smoke about 5 cigarettes a day, but I still consider myself healthier than the normal person.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I was about to remind you that you're a vegetarian. Meat is a huge factor in most unhealthy diets I've heard of. I think it can be good for you but you have to do it smart.

Walking everywhere sounds like it'd be great (for a while at least). I just don't live in an area where this is normal or really even possible for the most part.
Haha, trust me you can still eat crap being a vegetarian. Lots of chips, chocolate, pizza etc are vegetarian. In my city we also have this burger and hot dog place, which does things like fake chicken nuggets, burgers, fries etc and it's 100% vegetarian.

Pizza is a big one though. Pizza is my go-to food for when I have friends over, it's just so easy and close by and everyone likes it, so I end up getting way too much of that.