• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do you celebrate your birthday?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
So do you celebrate your birthday with friends, family or it's just another regular day for you?

I celebrate my birthday every year, in recent years I just went out and got drunk with friends, and such. Sometimes I have to do some silly stuff or wear something silly, which is always fun.

I also celebrate my birthday with my grandparents, they come over for a BBQ and such.

No I don't celebrate with my friends and grandparents at the same time. :lol:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I'm not real into my birthdays anymore. My last real big birthday party was probably when I turned 18.

I'm just not a huge partyer to be honest. Even for my 21'st I ended up just staying home, didnt have the money or the interest to go out bar hopping.

Anymore my birthdays are just my girlfriend and I going out to a nice dinner. Thats how I prefer it. Birthday parties are usually uncomfortable for me anyway, I dont like being the center of forced attention if that makes sense. Pretty much I dont have a problem being the center of attention... but when people are really only paying attention to you 'cause its your birthday.. meh I dont like that feeling.

Like I said, I'm perfectly content with just the two of us going out, nothing more.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I don't like my birthday :hmm: Even with my family coming over, it's weird, but like Ice said, don't like the 'forced attention.' So yeah I always have family round during the day, and then I'll see friends another time. Last year was the first year I was old enough to go out out, and I had a joint birthday party with 2 other friends.

Bjarki

Registered Member
I do and I hate it :)

I have social phobia, so it sucks big time. I say about two words on the whole evening: 'Thank you.', that's about it. Rest of the time I just sit there watching the clock. Take my time to eat my pie, get something to drink in the kitchen, etc. I usually go to my room after about an hour cause I can't take it anymore.

Nope, birthdays suck for me :shake:

viLky

ykLiv
Even though it's "my day" my family insist on having a small get together to celebrate. I would prefer to have the day to be by myself and relax, though.

Impact

V.I.P.
I've never really enjoyed my birthday, and never really organise to do anything for it, but either family or friends organise something. For my 18th a group of friends organized a surprise party for me and another friend who shared the same birthday. That was my best birthday where i've been forced to do something, because I got to hide behind someone else and push her to the centre of attention.

I'm looking forward to this year's birthday because it'll be a day doing what I want with no interruptions (i'll be in England, so far away from any friends), and it'll also be the first birthday i've spent with my Mum since I was four!

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Not anymore.

I found as I got older I really don't care as much. I just want to be left alone, or go to the range etc...

B-day's used to mean a lot to me, but the older you get, the less you care.

Twitch

Registered Member
Nothing happens, really. I might hang out with my friends, but that's about it.

HappyFace

Registered Member
For my 17th birthday party I invited every single person i knew, even those I barely knew. Bought a ton of alcohol and set up an entire dance floor, then I wrote a note and stuck it to my front door: "parties out back, I'll be back soon ok?"

I ended up packing my swag, my dog and my girlfriend into my ute and going camping for the night.

My mates never even noticed.

I hate parties and being the centre of attention I just get nervous because I would rather prefer making other people feel good then bloating my own ego.