• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do you celebrate your birthday?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
We've had this topic in the past, but since we have a few new members recently, I thought I would bring it up again.

So, as the title states - do you celebrate your birthday? Or, is it just another day.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sort of, not really. We might go out to eat or something but that is about it. We did at one time, we did something for all of our birthdays, presents, party, etc but I don't know some where along the line we stopped.

Interis

Registered Member
A feast of favorite food is the only mandatory activity for the day, with either friends or family. I don't like doing anything bigger than that because I'd rather save up for other items in my neverending to-do-and-buy list.

Philosophically speaking, it's more important to do self reflection than wasting money anyway.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I don't do anything for my birthday myself. If someone feels like doing something for me, of course, I will oblige. But other than the usual family dinner on my birthday's weekend, nothing out of the ordinary.

Pepper

Registered Member
It all depends on my mood on that day/week. But in general. I like to celebrate my birthday and get together with close friends to get a couple of drinks.

Impaired

Registered Member
Last year was the first year in a long time I didn't take my birthday off.

I like making it not a normal day.

May 1st, in spring and it is usually a beautiful spring day.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Not always, sometimes I do try to put something together. Mine is on Saturday and @Millz has his this week as well...so we'll be going with another friend of mine to see a standup comedian and probably hitting a brewery before that. Should be fun. I'll be turning 35, and really it has gotten to a point where it's not a huge deal if plans don't happen.

NellyBell

Registered Member
I used to, but it's gotten progressively less exciting ever since I hit 25. Usually now I just ask my husband to take the kid and let me sleep for a day, so I guess I celebrate it, just not in a way my younger self would understand.

Interis

Registered Member
I used to, but it's gotten progressively less exciting ever since I hit 25. Usually now I just ask my husband to take the kid and let me sleep for a day, so I guess I celebrate it, just not in a way my younger self would understand.
That's a unique way of celebration. It reminds me that in marriage time and space seems to merge and one doesn't have a sense of freedom. That, in itself, can be exactly the reward needed. Growing up makes us let go of the small details that don't look important while sacrificing our emotional health.

@Unity That sounds fun! I hope the plans go smoothly.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I try to every year. I get paid day off work for my birthday, and i can schedule it for anytime in the week before or after my birthday, so usually i use a couple vacation days as well, and take a really long weekend just to relax, have a few nights of debauchery with friends etc. My family has always made a big deal out of birthdays though so I probably always will for myself until i'm too old to lift a beer haha.