• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do you care about your post count/level?

Bliss

Sally Twit
I've never really paid attention to my level but I do care about my post count. I am pretty proud of how many posts I've made in my time here.
I am trying hard to make it to 10k as that is a good number and I'd probably find it hard to keep posting after I hit that number lol.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I used to care about my post count but not anymore. I have a lot of posts now and I'll post a lot more but not to raise my post count or anything like that. I'm not here for statistics, I'm here to have a good time.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I've been to alot of forums over my time. And one thing that connects every single forum together is the community wide respect for High Frequency Posters, or anyone with a High Post Count level.

One of the Video Game forums I've spent some time around recently doesnt even show Post counts. Instead they have "Junior member, Member, Senior Member" as the only way of determining who is a common user. Junior members are always treated like shit, as if they dont know anything about the Video Game, while Senior Members are considered the vocal authority. Always cracked me up how just a little tag on your account title makes that big of an impression on how the community looks at you, regardless of how valuable your contribution is.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I'm here to have a good time too, Elly. But statistics are all part of the fun.
When it was working, did you not enjoy seeing how you were doing on the stats page? I know it isn't a contest but it was always nice to see my name on a lot of them.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
When it was working, did you not enjoy seeing how you were doing on the stats page? I know it isn't a contest but it was always nice to see my name on a lot of them.
The Stats page was my #1 motivator to post.

When it went down, I really lost alot of interest. Just knowing how I stood vs everyone else was a booster to my activity. I'd generally have the Stat page up non-stop, F5'ing it to make sure I was staying on par or better than Ys and Babe.

So in that light, heck yeah... my post counts really mattered.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Never paid attention to levels, either.

I do care about my post count in the sense that I would be pretty gutted if they were wiped for whatever reason. However, just the other day I was thinking about how many posts I was on, and I honestly had little idea. I guessed and I was in the 5000ish category and then went and checked and realized it was more like almost 7000. I think I thought 5000ish because the last milestone I specifically remember hitting was 4000 and that feels like a while ago now.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Man, I really miss the stats page too.

And to answer the question, yeah, I care about my post count. I worked hard for it... well, kind of. :lol:

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
More than post count, although I always cared about my post count, I used to look a lot at the achievements reached and what percentage I was to the next one. My goal was to have all of them orange. I stopped checking them some time back.

Last edited:

Taliesin

Registered Member
I've never given a hoot for post count or stats. I'm quite happy just being here and contributing to the fun. That's all I care about.

C-Mach

Registered Member
I care about my post count slightly, but not enough that I would lose sleep over it.