• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do you buy Powerball tickets?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've purchased a few powerball tickets in the past. So far nothing worthwhile yet.

Who here buys them and how often? Have you ever won anything with them?

Gwiz

Registered Member
We dont have Powerball out here but we do have the Mega Millions. I rarely buy them unless the jackpot is $200 million+. I rarely win anything more than $5. I know a lot of peopel at work to play as a group. I think your odds to increase when you particpate with a group of people. As always, the odds are always stack against you.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I played the Powerball in a group at work once. Your odds do go up because you have more money in collectively. You just won't win quite as much. I'd rather have SLIGHTLY better odds and less money if I won though.

Still, your odds aren't changing much unless you get hundreds if not thousands of people in on your pool, and by they you won't win as much.

It's fun to do it every now and then. I don't recommend buying more than one ticket if you do it alone though. You're either going to win or you aren't. Multiple tickets will rarely effect your odds even in the least, at least in the longterm scheme of things.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I don't really buy them, but I probably would get a random ticket here or there just for the hell of it.

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
I have actually never purchased a Power Ball ticket. I really don't know if I will buy any in the future.