• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do you buy expensive items?

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
The most expensive item I own is a toss up between my digital camera and my tv. I rarely buy expensive items and when I take my camera out I am always worried and always checking that I still have it.

I have never been one to buy expensive things, I don't buy expensive clothes and I have never owned a watch that is over the price of fifteen pounds. For one thing I cannot afford watches that cost a lot of money and another labels and clothing is not something that has never been anything that has appealed to me. I do know people who buy watches that are expensive, a friend of mine once bought a pair of sunglasses that cost one hundred and twenty pounds, when I said that was insane he said "yeah, but they are this brand", I said they are just sun glasses at the end of the day but he disagreed.

Do you tend to buy label items? Does it please you to own a watch that costs a lot of money that people will say "woah, is that a real...?" etc or does it not bother you and see it as pointless?

dDave

V.I.P.
The most expensive thing I own is my laptop. I bought it for $1000 in November 2010. Other than that I've never really bought anything all that expensive (unless you count college). The most expensive thing I've bought since then was a video card for $250. I'm not all that big of a spender. Most of what I buy is music, books, and food.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I usually don't buy expensive items but when I do its been a house, 4x4 tractor with air conditioned cab or a new truck. Which I have also bought computers, horses or a tv, something along those lines but I don't do this often.

hlive

Registered Member
The last expensive thing I bought was Samsung Galaxy Note. Amazing phone. I just love watching movies, listen to music, browse internet on it.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Not counting the house or cars or standard electronics in the house, I am always very tempted to buy expensive sunglasses. At one time in my life I would. I also use to spend quite a bit of money on cosmetics and purses. I have a very nice tennis racquet that I was able to afford at the time. We had an expensive dog. I currently have a watch that I searched and searched for to get on my 50th. I couldn't justify the cost of a new one, so I bought it 2nd hand from ebay. It was still expensive though!

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Not counting items like TV's, my house, my truck, thing like that, I do at times. I've paid up to $1200 for a suit and paid about $700 for a watch once.

ATARIGUY

Beermister
I rarely buy expensive items unless it is something I really really want then I will splurge and buy it for myself.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Gaming consoles and computer parts are probably the most expensive things I buy. Sometimes I buy very expensive art supplies as well or tickets to concerts/theatre/special events etc which can sometimes be pretty expensive. I sometimes buy expensive clothes but I don't do it often. Oh and whenever I get a new handbag it's usually about $300 or more.

jakee99

6 Ridiculously Expensive Items I Would Buy If I Was Rich. ... our lives folks make the age old inquiry “What Would You Buy If You Were Rich? ... This toddler can submerge underwater and start open to question at elevated speeds.

Last edited: