Do you Buy anime DVDs after already seing it subbed?

Do you buy anime after seeing it subbed?

• Yes, I buy almost everything I see fansubbed.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, But I only buy the anime series I really like however.

• Yes, Its few and far between however.

• No, I only buy the animes I have yet to see fansubbed.

• Never, Its free I dont see a point in buying something I've already seen fansubbed.

• Total voters

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
I was curious about this. The anime fans and anime community are avid and loyal.

However I have lately been reading a few articles about fansubbing most saying the industry is losing money from it.

EDIT: I realized under the 4th option I should have wrote "Never, I dont buy anime since you can dl it for free subbed or dubbed."

It was late and I didnt look it over although I think most will get what I meant hopefully.

Kyo_Muramasa

Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n
The only one that I've bought that I've seen is SDK. It's like trying to buy a manga book you've already read that you've borrowed from a friend, why buy it when you already know what's going to happen? I like buying things that I haven't seen yet so I don't ruin the fun of having to first experience it, but that doesn't mean I don't watch the movie trailers and such that tell about the anime....gotta see what's it about somewhat.

Plus it's the fact that once I've seen something once, it takes me a LONG time to go and watch it again.

Shwa

Gay As Fuck
V.I.P.
Yeah, when it doesn't air on television again I miss it and want to see it again. Especially if it has parts that weren't shown on television ebcause of censorship.

.Hack//Sign
Outlaw Star
and Full Metal Alchemist
~
These are the series I own ~

I dunno, just cant watch the anime the original way it was created (voice wise), having the characters sound completl different then what I'm use to is annoying.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Yeah, when it doesn't air on television again I miss it and want to see it again. Especially if it has parts that weren't shown on television ebcause of censorship.

.Hack//Sign
Outlaw Star
and Full Metal Alchemist
~ These are the series I own ~

I dunno, just cant watch the anime the original way it was created (voice wise), having the characters sound completl different then what I'm use to is annoying.
Yeah I know what you mean. I started watching subs about a year 1/2 ago when there wasnt muched dubbed that I liked. I still prefer dubbed.

Also the sequel to my favorite anime came out and I couldnt resist (FMP TSR).

I think basically what happened is that I had an anime craving and I had dled all of the dubbed stuff that appealled to me...

Vegito728

Registered Member
I only buy boxsets of animes. So if I really liked the series then I'll get the boxset or if their is a lot of good buzz about the anime and it sounds interesting I'll buy the boxset. So the answer to your question I guess is yes.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Well, I only bought three boxsets. I think it's stupid to buy the episodes individually... Also, I don't have a job, so the anime I do want to buy I can't because of the lack of funding.

I only buy anime boxsets that I really like. Three on my top list now is Mai HiME, Mai Otome, and Kannazuki No Miko.

Henskie

The Super Pimp of GF
I saw some of the episodes of Black cat fan subbed and then I realized I really liked it so I bought the dvds as they came out. The same also happened with DBZ