• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do you burn easily?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was in the sun all day yesterday and now I look like a red lobster. But, in a few days it will turn into a nice tan(I don’t wear sunscreen). Are you someone that burns easily when you’re in the sun for a long period of time?

thealigator

Registered Member
I am very fare skinned so burn very easily. It is not a huge problem for me as such, I just stay out of the sun and wear long sleeve items. I do remember a few years ago I had been sat out in the sun for a few hours, it was warm (maybe 17 degrees) and I had no hat on. A few hours later I could barely stand up and felt like I wanted to vomit so went to lie down for a few hours in a dark room. I am unsure if this was sun stroke as such but it was not nice.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I burn very easy, all it would take is an hour in the sun for me to get a sunburn, after a couple of hours I would be cooked. So I avoid too much sun.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I burn very easily if I don't use sun-protection. My skin has become so sensitive the recent years and that I get pimples on my body because of sun-rays when I tan unprotected.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I have red hair (well a red beard left haha) and with that always comes pale skin. I have two shades pretty much - pale and burnt. I have to be very careful if I have a day out at a beach, at the pool, or on a float trip I'm going to be very diligent with using sunscreen every couple of hours. Apparently with one of my anti-rejection medications for the kidney transplant I had, my chances of skin cancer are up significantly higher. So I'm not going to play around.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I only need to think about the sun and I burn. It's especially perilous living in Australia where I think we have the second highest UV rating and second highest rate of skin cancer in the world.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I used to burn easily but it's been less frequent in recent years. I try to not forget putting sunscreen but more often than not, I don't put some.