• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PlayStation 3 Do you believe that man is truly Solid Snake?

Gamechamp

Registered Member
For those not knowing, which is kind of near-impossible if you know about MGS4, a trailer has been released which shows a man a lot like Solid Snake... but old. So, what do you think? Is he truly Solid Snake?

I think he is. It all looks so obvious in the trailer, even though it doesn't actually SAY that he's Solid Snake, OR the main character (it's already been announced that Snake is the main character, so if the old guy is the MC, it must be Solid Snake).

ltk9492

Registered Member
Me too, but why would he be old? Maybe, 9hopefully) there will be some cool thing when the future snake comes back to help you through the game. Maybe they just showed like his long-lost evil cousin, i don't know. But that trailer looked cool.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think it is. That trailer was amazing btw. Just wait until the game is out, the graphics are going to be better than anything we have today. I'm not a big fan of third person shooters, but from what I've played of the MGS games, they are the best TPS's out there.

Wrecked

Registered Member
i remember reading somewhere that yes that is SS. and that eyepatch of his is a special device that lets him do things like see how many people are around etc.

and for the record, Splinter Cell > Metal Gear Solid

yeah i said it! :p

ltk9492

Registered Member
lol wrecked. I liked the MGS for PSP. that was a tight game. but i guess not msny of you all have PSP's

Wrecked

Registered Member
i got to play with a PSP for the first time a couple of weeks ago and the screen is so clear.

i want to get a PSP eventually but not right now, too pricey. but it sure as hell can do a lot of stuff [ especially if you have 1.5 firmware ].

Gamechamp

Registered Member
Accellerated aging is why he's old. It's a side-effect of cloning, which is the reason Solidus was older than Solid. His accelerated aging kicked in before the game.

ltk9492

Registered Member
ohhh i get it.
So its not him from the future, it is from aging from cloning. i got it, now that makes sense to me.

dk_rare

Registered Member
They always do this, with MG1 there was the clone story line, MG2 had Raiden instead of Snake (althouh Raiden has such a cute arse that I didn't care), MG3 had a snake from the 50s (was it the 50s?) and now this.

Then again people are genuinly interested, it is like a xmas present, you just HAVE to know all about it, just because it is wrapped up.