Do you believe in magic?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StroShow, May 9, 2010.

1. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

Do you believe in magic? People like Criss Angel are huge right now and their stunts look beleivable. I was wondering if you guys beleive in magic or magic tricks..

2. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Nah, I don't believe in anything supernatural. Magic is just clever tricks designed to entertain and/or trick people.

3. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

No, just illusions. Can look awesome if it's pulled off right. Just because it's not real magic doesn't mean some of the stunts from professionals don't take an incredible amount of skill.

But I have watched things that I couldn't possibly hope to ever work out how they do it. Then again, I've thought that about a lot of magic tricks that I've seen explained, so yeah.

4. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Some of the stuff Criss Angel does I would like to be explained to me, because I really don't see how some of that can be just an illusion. Like, when he drove the car blindfolded, and just a million other things I can't think of right now off the top of my head.

Anyway, forgetting all that ^, I believe most things are just illusions. All the cheap tricks when you hire magicians for kids parties etc, it's just distracting the eye one way, while something is happening the other.

Last edited: May 9, 2010
  5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm not entirely convinced people like Chriss Angel are 100% "show". But I don't have enough evidence to provide any theories otherwise.

I do believe in "magic". I realize magic shows are probably completely fake, but having known people who used to be witches or into the occult, I definitely believe dark magic exists. I also know people who have been to remote tribes in Africa and there is no way anybody is going to convince me that Voodoo and Witch Doctors are the same as the magicians here who pull rabbits out of their hats. People into voodoo and the occult are definitely playing with real evil power and it's not to be taken lightly.

6. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Oh yeah, that's a good point. I was thinking of the type of magic used purely as an entertainment form.

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Voodoo and witch doctors just took advantage of powerful chemicals that were not understood. Take the legend of the zombie for instance. People actually believed witch doctors could kill someone and revive them as their servant when in all actuality, it was just a fact of powerful agents that put people in various states of trance.

8. Dekzper

Dekzper Registered Member

I believe in magic. There's lots of things nobody can explain. Science is a good way to understand a lot of things but there's stuff it cant explain. So yeah, I def think magic's a part of life that lots of people just wanna ignore.

9. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

To be fair, plenty of things have been called "magic" that have been debunked. Just because something isn't understood doesn't make it "magic". 'Mystical' perhaps but not magic.

10. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

Do I believe in magicians and stage magic? No. That's just sleight of hand and trickery. Do I believe in the occult and the supernatural? Yes, I sure do.

It's undeniable that there are things in this world we cannot explain. Similarly, I can't say what it is that I believe in, except that such forces do exist, because I don't actually know what's out there. I just know that there is something.