Do you believe in dreams?

I've been having really vivid ones for the past few months. I'm not sure if it's because I've slipped back into the not sleeping much pattern, or the fact that life has changed so much this year, or more than likely a combo of both.

Last night I dreamed of a friend who went out wearing a red shirt which turned out to be the only reason he didn't make it home. Without going into details, it was so incredibly real that it still feels as though it actually happened.
It took a while to fall back to sleep, and when I did, it was another vivid dream about visiting someones old house with sloping floors. She had a baby and was hanging out in this cold dank room of the house with bright white walls and windows set high. As I took the baby from her arms, all these birds started appearing on the windows ledges and seemed to swoop into the room as one. Not in a menacing way, but almost as if they were bringing comfort to the air with each swoosh of their wings.
The baby started crying in fright, but I was...calm. I woke up with the most amazing feeling of being ok.
I did look up the meaning of birds and the one that bothered me the most was this..

birds can be seen as symbols of premonitions
That only bothered me because of the first dream.

So, do you believe in the power of dreams?

Last edited:

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
i believe in the power of dreams because what i dream becomes real most of the time or what is real becomes a dream.
for example: if i'm not in a good mood, if i feel insecure about anything ...than i'll have earthquake in my dream at night. and it always happens like this. i've had lots of earthquakes in dreams recently and it fits my mood.

if i get obsessed about something bad, then i'll have it in my dream. that's 100% sure.

or there were dreams when i could predict what would happen. last year i had a dream about my neighborhood surrounded in flames...actually the next morning i heard that one of our neighbors had his apartment surrounded in flames ...and i was shocked!!!

i've heard birds are not a good sign, not that i want to scare the hell out of you but the definition you found seems to fit to what i've heard as well....

You didn't scare me Eli, only made me dig a little deeper.

I'll keep this definition close, I think it hits home for me, and these are the type I dreamed of.

To dream of chirping and/or flying birds, represents joy, harmony, ecstasy, balance, and love. It denotes a sunny outlook in life. You are experiencing spiritual freedom and psychological liberation. It is almost as if a weight has been lifted off your shoulders.

Dream Moods Dream Themes: Birds

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Considering what you've got going on right now, the bird thing makes perfect sense, and I'd take a great deal of comfort in that.

A few months ago I had a dream that my friend's stepson killed himself. It was very horrible and very real. I sent her an email that morning and asked if everything was ok at her house and told her about my dream. She replied: "you're weird. We've just had a tremendous row and he's left the house and told his father that I kicked him out"
:shifteyes:

Another time I dreamt that my neighbor's name was Susan Anderson. I knew that one of the occupants of the apartment was named Anderson, but I didn't know if it was her or her boyfriend. About a month later, I saw some outgoing mail on the mailbox and the return address said "Susan Anderson" :hmm:

Yes I believe that some dreams have significant meaning.

I wonder what to make of the dream I had the other night of telling my bf's ex-wife that I want to introduce my fist to her FACE (I really did dream that lol)

I wonder what to make of the dream I had the other night of telling my bf's ex-wife that I want to introduce my fist to her FACE (I really did dream that lol)
That is such a jeanie dream!:lol:

I wonder what the meaning of me forgetting all my undies as well as my cell phone as I went to visit that house meant?
Liberation as well?

I love a good dream!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's funny that you post this message, because last night my brother woke me up at 3:30 am and said to me that someone got squash outside and they need help, I was like what the heck is he talking about, so we both put on our coats and he goes to check and he says it's fine. Now maybe he was sleeping, but this morning he texted me and he said that his dream seemed so real.

So I'm not sure if that's what you exactly meant in your OP, but I believe in some sense dreams are real.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I wonder what the meaning of me forgetting all my undies as well as my cell phone as I went to visit that house meant?
Liberation as well?
:hmm: well, you're entering unchartered territory, maybe that's symbolic of not feeling completely mentally prepared for it?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I was stoned last night and walked home from my friend's house in the snow, and about halfway home I had deja vu. It hit me that I had recently dreamed about walking home in the snow in that very spot. I hadn't remembered the dream at all until then, so I'm not sure if it really happened or what, but it was weird.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I was stoned last night and walked home from my friend's house in the snow, and about halfway home I had deja vu. It hit me that I had recently dreamed about walking home in the snow in that very spot. I hadn't remembered the dream at all until then, so I'm not sure if it really happened or what, but it was weird.
were you wearing a red shirt? :shifteyes: