Do "pro-choice" people really support this?

Impaired

Registered Member
Abortion is an issue that inflames both sides. This is why it will never be outlawed.

The GOP loves it as a tool to fight against, while the Dems pretend they care about women by fighting the GOP.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Abortion is an issue that inflames both sides. This is why it will never be outlawed.

The GOP loves it as a tool to fight against, while the Dems pretend they care about women by fighting the GOP.
To Republicans in Congress it's definitely a tool. They ran on defunding planned Parenthood and instead they increased the $ last year.
I've heard several interviews with Pence and others close to him. For Pence, it's the real thing. There is at least a chance abortion changes through Trump because of Pence.
We'll know if RBG dies it retires in the next few years.

Impaired

Registered Member
To Republicans in Congress it's definitely a tool. They ran on defunding planned Parenthood and instead they increased the $ last year.
I've heard several interviews with Pence and others close to him. For Pence, it's the real thing. There is at least a chance abortion changes through Trump because of Pence.
We'll know if RBG dies it retires in the next few years.
If the GOP were serious about overturning Roe vs Wade, they would have in any of the times they held house and senate. They didn't even try.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
If the GOP were serious about overturning Roe vs Wade, they would have in any of the times they held house and senate. They didn't even try.
I know. That's every issue in the GOP platform.
The problem is, they need my vote but they need the donors money. What I want and what the donor wants aren't the same.
True for the Democrats also.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
That’s not how it works. Roe v. Wade ruled a Texas state law criminalizing abortion unconstitutional. Congress cannot overturn Roe v. Wade. Any law Congress would pass would be unconstitutional also. The only way to overturn Roe is for the SCOTUS to take it up and overturn it, the easiest legal argument would be the SCOTUS overreached in extending the 14th Amendment protections found in Griswold v. Ct. Just having control of the House and Senate does nothing.

You should have learned this in high school civics.