• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do NHL clubs have any right to veto a trade in the juniors?

willge87

Registered Member
Let's say that Rimouski wants to trade Pierre LaRouche (random French name) to Shawinigan for Gilles Richard (another random French name). Let's say that LaRouche was drafted by Vancouver. Does Vancouver have any right to say that they don't want LaRouche traded because, for whatever reason, they feel that LaRouche's development would be better served in Rimouski vs. Shawinigan?

Re: Do NHL clubs have any right to veto a trade in the junio

I don't think they have any say on what's going on in the junior ranks, at least to my knowledge. They can recommend a junior player to finish his junior stint for his development but I never heard of an NHL club vetoeing any junior trade. For instance, let's say that the Halifax Mooseheads were to trade Zachary Fucale to the Quebec Remparts. I don't think Montreal would have any say in the matter, even if Quebec made the move since they have the Memorial Cup in 2015 and Habs management like the way Fucale has developed in Halifax thus far.

My example might seem random here but it could actually happen for real. With Jonathan Drouin playing in Tampa next season, Halifax will probably be in rebuilding mode and the Remparts will definitely be looking for a big move to win the Memorial Cup on home ice. And since they've traded one of their goalies today during the QJMHL draft....let the speculation begin! (Not that I wouldn't mind Fucale playing with my Remparts, I'd be ecstatic! :p)

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Re: Do NHL clubs have any right to veto a trade in the junio

I don't think so. They have some say on what the player does on that team but they can not block trades. They can change his diet and exercise program. Teams constantly have people visit their junior players and give them advice on certain stuff.

If there was any type of veto on it, then you could easily find it on google. That's my assumption.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Millz Hockey 14
Babe_Ruth Hockey 39
Babe_Ruth Hockey 29
Konshentz Hockey 60
Millz Hockey 14