• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do ghosts scare you?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
It was given to my mother from a relative that didn't really like us. That relative, as my mother said, is rather a negative one.

I've never experienced this myself but I have heard that spirits can attach themselves to objects like that. Good thing you got rid of it.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
There's been times when I felt my friends cat brush by my leg, but the cat was in another room. Does that count?

I've experienced the paranormal before, but not the ghostly variety up close and personal.

- Cham

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The paranormal has nothing to do with magic.

Pinecampple

Registered Member
The idea of ghosts never really scared me, heck, ghosts don't really frighten me either. But the thing about them that can freak me out, freak anyone out, really, is that there's no control over them or the situation. People like to have control, either over other people or over whatever situation they're handling, but you can't handle a ghost. You can't contain or fight against them. And that's what's scary about them.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
From what I understand most ghosts aren't harmful but a demon on the other hand will kill you or cause you to kill yourself. Could even make you kill someone else. Many times I have heard you should never challenge one either. Also have heard that demons were never human.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I have personally never seen a ghost. I know people claim to have seen them and there are enough programs, books etc out there to suggest that ghosts do exist but does the idea of a ghost visiting you scare you?

Do you believe that ghosts actually exist and would you want to meet them or does the idea of coming across such a thing give you as the phrase would have it "the heebie jeebies"? For me it comes down to I will believe it when I see it and also I am unsure of what my reaction would be unless it happened.
Yes ghosts scare me. I have a huge fear of haunted houses.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
From what I understand most ghosts aren't harmful but a demon on the other hand will kill you or cause you to kill yourself. Could even make you kill someone else. Many times I have heard you should never challenge one either. Also have heard that demons were never human.

That's the going theory... According to Christian tradition, demons are fallen angels that lash out against all things of value to God in retaliation for their condemnation, however virtually all faiths and religions have their own version of "demons". Sometimes, however, really bad or angry people end up as really bad or angry ghosts, and can do some of the same things as demons, including pushing people down stairs or off ladders, and throwing objects at people (stuff like that). I've even heard of one instance where a persons' telephone spontaneously melted. That's some serious energy manipulation and shouldn't be underestimated.

- Cham