• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do ghosts scare you?

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I have personally never seen a ghost. I know people claim to have seen them and there are enough programs, books etc out there to suggest that ghosts do exist but does the idea of a ghost visiting you scare you?

Do you believe that ghosts actually exist and would you want to meet them or does the idea of coming across such a thing give you as the phrase would have it "the heebie jeebies"? For me it comes down to I will believe it when I see it and also I am unsure of what my reaction would be unless it happened.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I started absolutely believing they exist the day I saw one. Before that I thought it was a possibility because of all of the reports but wasn't a true believer.

The ghost of my cat didn't scare me at all, thought it was awesome seeing her but others would if they were evil spirits. From what I have read they love fear because they can feed off of it.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I am in no way doubting you Hi I am simply intrigued so please do not think I am in some way trying to call your bluff but what happened when you saw the ghost of your cat? Did it suddenly appear in front of you or did you see it enter a room in the way that I imagine it always would have done? Did you go up to it or call it's name at all?

I just find the idea fascinating and love the idea of a ghost rather than scaring you (and tell me if I am wrong here) actually made you feel good inside getting to see your feline one more time or am I off base?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes it made me feel good to see her because I knew for sure she was gone.

The funny thing is I could only see this out of the corner of my eye and she did not look like a solid object. I saw her come through a closed window go from the couch to the floor sniff some tools then run down the hall never to be seen again.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
From my personal research into the paranormal, it appears that most hauntings and the like are done by malevolent or angry spirits (Sometimes human, sometimes demonic). Human spirits appear to become trapped in the Earthly realm when they were holding onto extremely intense emotions at or approaching the time of their death. This is why hauntings are most pronounced in places where events of tragic suffering and horror occurred, and places where people have committed suicide.

It is thought that energies specifically linked to negative emotions are the ones most commonly associated with trapping spirits, although a sense of 'unfinished business' is sometimes speculated to be on the list as well, resulting in a trapped spirit that is not necessarily angry or malevolent, but desperately seeking some kind of closure.

Another type of haunting is technically not referred to as a haunting but rather a possession (as it refers to geographic areas, not people). In these cases it is a demonic presence inhabiting an area rather than a human spirit. Anyone encountering a demonic presence has justifiable reason to be afraid, or at the very least very concerned. Demonic possessions of both people and places are most commonly (and almost exclusively) the result of occult practices, most often people messing with Ouija boards and other occult paraphernalia or rituals. Ouija is NOT a game.

The most common signs of a demonic presence include the following...

The sudden and inexplicable presence of really BAD odors which vanish just as mysteriously. The most common ones reported include smoke and rotting meat.

Suddenly appearing and inexplicable zones of extreme cold which come and go, usually in a specific part of the house or property. (This may also be related to a human haunting).

Awaking with inexplicable scratches and/or burns. If this occurs and no physical cause can be ascertained, and especially if this occurs in combination with one or more of the other signs, it's time to call in a priest.

A feeling of "heaviness" in the air whenever entering the home. Demons and restless spirits broadcast a negative energy that has a fairly universal emotional effect on those in range. Long term exposure to this energy can lead to irritability and inexplicable boughts of anger or depression.

Objects moving on their own. Demons feed off of energies broadcast by people during negative emotional states. They therefore like to lash out against objects of sentimental significance, such as family photos or heirlooms, religious artifacts, etc. but will sometimes move objects around to instill fear or instigate hostility. This type of activity usually is only reported in the most extreme cases of demonic possession.

There are certain rules when dealing with a demonic presence...
1> Do not challenge it
2> Do not negotiate with it
3> If you can, get out until the site can be sanctified/cleansed.
4> If you can't get out, but have young children, do your best to get them out until the site can be cleansed.
5> Be watchful for changes in behavior in other residents of the home or building. Drastic personality changes are a red flag and the person exhibiting such symptoms should be kept away from the property. If symptoms persist while away from the property, a demonic possession may have occurred.

... The above is mentioned in the event that someone out there may be dealing with a haunting or demonic presence. Many people, when encountering a ghost or what they think is a ghost, make the mistake of thinking it is harmless. In my research into the paranormal, this is RARELY the case. Another thing to note is that demons often emulate humans (often children) to gain the trust of or otherwise trick people.

... So in short, no, I would not be keen on coming face to face with a ghost. If I did though, I'd at least be equipped with some knowledge that might be useful.

- Cham

rocketalypse

Registered Member
I have a paranormal story to share because it freaked me out and made me sleep in a living room for a week. Therefore, my answer is yes.

I don't remember what day it was, but I came home from school around 20:00 (8 PM). As I opened the door to my room, a metal picture suddenly fell off the wall and hit the floor really hard, making a loud noise. Fatigue and loud noises simply don't go together, so it scared me. I picked the picture up and layed it on my bed, then I sat down by my desk and turned on my laptop. Whilst it was booting, I started hearing noises of small metal chunks hitting the metal, I turned around and saw those small metal chunks hitting the metal picture. They were flying from nowhere. At first, I didn't know what to do, then I just went closer to the picture and a small chunk hit me, that's when I just ran downstairs to the living room and told my family what has happened. My mother and I returned to the room and we found small metal chunks on the floor and on the bed, that's when she decided to get rid off the picture, but she left it on one of the stairs.

A week or so later, I invited my friend over to hangout and watch The Walking Dead in my room. Then a few hours later, we went out to the local bar. But, as we were walking down the staircase, he tripped over that stair where the picture was and basically pushed me (since I was in front of him) so we almost rolled down the stairs. The thing is, I didn't tell anyone outside my family what happened because I thought I was going insane, but then I told him about that metal picture and the paranormal night.

Often I feel like something is watching me from behind, but I just ignore it and probably will until something paranormal happens again. I'm still wondering if that is a friendly spirit or an evil spirit. What do you think?

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wouldn't think a friendly spirit would throw things like that. It could have hurt you. Did you buy the metal picture new or used?

Having that happen would have freaked me out.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Scary but lol. Casper doesnt toss chunks of metal at people or try to push them down stairs. I definitely vote evil ghost.

Ive never seen a ghost or even had a serious paranormal experience but yeah I do believe ghosts are real. Not because of the shrinking jack o lantern on the scarecrow - I know they faked that somehow - but because theres too many stories out there. Where theres smoke theres fire and I do believe that.

I think I would totally freak if I saw a ghost but it would still be really cool to see one. I would also shoot pictures with my camera or phone - I hope they can be photographed.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
There are lots of compelling photos out there of ghosties, some real, most faked. You be the judge as to which is which. Another compelling bit of evidence are EVP's. Some credible EVP sessions have yielded ghostly voices speaking pretty clearly within the amplified background noise that is normally too quiet to hear. (EVP = Electronic Voice Phenomenon)

Rocket, if you have an item in your possession that you suspect may be linked to a restless spirit, for heavens sake get rid of it before it's bad mojo spreads. Assuming that thing is haunted/possessed then the spirit linked to it will become stronger every time you or anyone else experience fear, anger, or other negative emotions in it's presence and the next thing it throws at you might be much bigger or nastier than those chunks of metal. It's not worth the risk.

- Cham

rocketalypse

Registered Member
I think it might've tried to tell me something, so it wasn't necessarily evil. Maybe it needed that picture destroyed in order to have peace on the other side.

I wouldn't think a friendly spirit would throw things like that. It could have hurt you. Did you buy the metal picture new or used?

Having that happen would have freaked me out.
It was given to my mother from a relative that didn't really like us. That relative, as my mother said, is rather a negative one.

Scary but lol. Casper doesnt toss chunks of metal at people or try to push them down stairs. I definitely vote evil ghost.

Ive never seen a ghost or even had a serious paranormal experience but yeah I do believe ghosts are real. Not because of the shrinking jack o lantern on the scarecrow - I know they faked that somehow - but because theres too many stories out there. Where theres smoke theres fire and I do believe that.

I think I would totally freak if I saw a ghost but it would still be really cool to see one. I would also shoot pictures with my camera or phone - I hope they can be photographed.
I didn't believe in ghost before that happened, although I've seen ghosts two times before that night, but I thought I was just hallucinating because of something. Now I believe those were ghosts.

I affirm that it is interesting, but scary, experience. I'm not sure about taking a picture part, but it depends solely on a situation you're faced with.

There are lots of compelling photos out there of ghosties, some real, most faked. You be the judge as to which is which. Another compelling bit of evidence are EVP's. Some credible EVP sessions have yielded ghostly voices speaking pretty clearly within the amplified background noise that is normally too quiet to hear. (EVP = Electronic Voice Phenomenon)

Rocket, if you have an item in your possession that you suspect may be linked to a restless spirit, for heavens sake get rid of it before it's bad mojo spreads. Assuming that thing is haunted/possessed then the spirit linked to it will become stronger every time you or anyone else experience fear, anger, or other negative emotions in it's presence and the next thing it throws at you might be much bigger or nastier than those chunks of metal. It's not worth the risk.

- Cham
I've heard of those devices, they're pretty nifty if you're out for having discussions with ghosts. I'm sure most of the population would rather stay away from those devices.

I reminded my mother that week to seriously get rid off it, so she did.