• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do clocks still use AM and PM?

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I mean isn't it kinda obvious when it is 1pm and 1am with y'know, the lack of sun?

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Fuck am & pm, use 24 hour clocks. Don't need to note if it's am or pm when it's 1300.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Fuck am & pm, use 24 hour clocks. Don't need to note if it's am or pm when it's 1300.
Plus it would be confusing in the army, though I do think it would be great if soldiers when asked said "a quarter to one" instead of 12hunderd hours and 45 minutes", or do they say "quarter to"?

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
yeah, 24 hour clock makes sense in terms of automatically knowing if it's am and pm, but with the 12 hour clock, I still like it there. imagine if you were being held hostage in a cave and woke up after being knocked out for days, and you checked your watch and, yeah. I'm done.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I mostly use the am/pm clock. It seems more comfortable.

Also, why is this thread in ST?

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
24 hour clocks FTW. I still can't get used to this 12 hour am/pm thing over here.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I use both am/pm clocks and 24hr clocks. the bus schedules here are all 24hr times. saves space on the boards and such. but like my computer is on am/pm

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm sure 24 hr one makes more sense but i can't get used to it

nor do i want too haha

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Well, I for one am happy that this is posted in sub-talk. That way I go off topic and say...

BEWBS!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hilander General Discussion 7
sunrise General Discussion 7
Smelnick General Discussion 21
sunrise General Discussion 13
Dabs Bathroom Wall 11