• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do cats adopt?

EarthGirl

Registered Member
Yes. Do cats adopt? (I hope so)

Today I saw two kids trying to take care of something that looked like a 1 day old kitten. I originally thought it was dead, but it wasn't. I took the baby with me and brought it in my palm to a cat that lives at our market and has kittens. Thing is, her kittens are turning 1 month this Thursday. :cute: Yes, yes I know, I know: floofy, snuggly little buggers they are. <3

I showed her the little kitten, she smelled it but i don't know yet if mamacat is going to accept this baby. I hope she does. It's just another kitten and she still has enough milk to feed it. Rite? She has been a good mother to her kittens. Why wouldn't she adopt it?
I couldn't let the poor thing die. I hope it isn't left to die. :<

I'll keep you updated. :nod:

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Awww this is the sweetest story I have read all day, it's nice to see there are still people who are willing to help animals so bless you Earthgirl, I think they do adopt quite well, I am sure I read somewhere if you put butter on their necks it helps but that could be a lie. Do you have any photos?? :D

EarthGirl

Registered Member
Well, I do have some pics of the cat with her babies when they were 2 weeks old.

^
These cats are long-haired. I don't know about the little guy/gal I found today. It's a white/tabby just like these kittens. :D

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Yeah I believe cats adopt, many animals do. I've heard stories of adult Cheetahs adopting antelope and raising them as their own.

EarthGirl

Registered Member
I'm happy to tell you that the baby kitten is still doing fine. I'm hoping it will get past the first week with no problems.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
My sister adopted two cats from a shelter, and the younger one nursed off the older one. They were unrelated. So yes, it's possible.

Keep an eye out though and make sure the baby is eating. If it's not, you should be able to buy kitten formula and feed it to the baby with a syringe. If you need to do this, you should rub its belly with a warm wet cloth before it eats, to stimulate it to pee. They won't eat with a full bladder.

Signed,

Rescuer of wee baby kittehs.

EarthGirl

Registered Member
Heheee. Good news. The cat actually adopted the baby! =D

Squee-factor alert! Use with caution.

The last pic is the baby kitty. ^^

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
That is great news! How sweet is that kitty? All of them. What a good kitty mama. It's interesting that the orphan cat looks like it could be from that mama.

This is a great story, I needed something heartwarming like this right now. <3

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MiketheGrinder Pets 3
thealigator Pets 2
Mirage Pets 1
Hilander Pets 5
Hilander Pets 4