• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do as you say....

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
I was sat contemplating stuff today ( i do it often - I probably should not.)

I realised - I am so full of shit.

I'm serious...I'm all talk I want everything but then I just talk about how I can do it and what I would do and what my future will be.

How do I change this awful habit - I start with the best intentions in the world but I realised I am NEVER going to make anything of myself unless I start to make things happen.

I'm totally my own worst enemy. I'm trying to stay positive but I feel like things are just a bit too much at the minute!

Eurgh anyway I just wondered if anyone else ever feels like this and what you do to get yourself back on with it.

I don't know what happened to the happy bubbly person that could conquer the world but I'd like her back!

:)

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I do that all the time to. Come up with great plans and then never follow through with them. I'm sure a lot of people do. It can be discouraging, that's for sure. However, maybe it's fate. Maybe something's not right yet for you to accomplish that and so deep down you battle against yourself making sure it doesn't happen yet to assure that it doesn't happen at the wrong time.

If it really gets you that down, you can use that as motivation. Get angry and force yourself to start pursueing your ambitions and dreams.

Don't feel bad about yourself though. Dreams are made to be dreamt. Just because you don't fulfill them all doesn't make you a bad person. Happiness is only a smile and a laugh away.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
"How to stop worrying and start living" by Dale Carnegie

This and the Dale Carnegie course changed my life forever and for the better. I HIGHLY recommend them.

Simple and effective!

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I'm the one who doesn't stick to her plans. What is said today is not done tomorrow.
So I've stopped making plans and I go by "You never know what happens..."

konboye

Registered Member
Never leave your life without a plan. You can always achieve your goals, determination is the key. You have to persevere and work hard. I know, you have heard it before, but the hard way seems to be the only effective way. Execution is all that matters, keep on trying and you will see those dreams come through. If you choose to leave everything to chance, you have only yourself to blame.

Dekzper

Registered Member
The best way is just do it. :nod: When i start thinking about doing something i think about all the things i'd needa do to make it happen. Then i just start doing them and doing them till they're all done. Cause if i'm only thinking then i'm wasting a lot of time. But if i'm doing, then things are getting done and i keep getting closer to being finished! and it keeps giving me new ideas while i'm working too! Just go for it! It's a lot more fun and not as much work as it seems like it should be! :)
Btw, i never feel as good when i start thinking as i do when i'm working.

Last edited:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I do and I don't. It's a matter of motivation for me but usually if I'm motivated enough to think of a plan of action I'll normally do it.

Like working out. I've said for the longest time that I would stick with it and I never would. Now, so far, I am sticking with it. We'll see if it lasts.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm pretty bad with this at times, depends on the situation/action.

I've wanted to get in shape, but have been away from the gym for - yikes - over a month. I hope to go back tonight if I get my work done; I've let myself get overwhelmed with my practicum and school work, but honestly I could have made it happen if I forced myself. Same goes with eating better.

I'm behind on a paper right now (finishing up today/tonight), which brings me to procrastination. I told myself that I'd fix that during grad school, haven't really done so. I'm doing great with grades, but hate myself for still procrastinating. I feel better knowing that one of the staff members at my school that I respect the most is an admitted procrastinator!

Just a couple of examples of me laying out plans but not following through.

Same goes with my poetry, come to think of it. I started writing and posting on the blog here, and totally stopped. I need to continue that, ASAP.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I used to live a planned life, doing the same thing week in and week out, it was pretty boring, now I make no plans and life is much more exciting...no reason to put yourself down because you don't walk the walk, that is life.:)