Do anti virus companies make viruses?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Westy, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Westy

Westy Registered Member

Imagine no one ever got ill, the medical proffession would not exist. Do you think this is the same for all the computor viruses there is? Are the companies that make anti virus programes also the instigators of all viruses?

Discuss...

2. spike2937

spike2937 Registered Member

Nope, that'd just be weird

But, nice thought

3. Westy

Westy Registered Member

Makes you wonder though dont you think?

4. spike2937

It does, it'd be like some sort of film or something :p

5. Westy

Westy Registered Member

It was something that a friend said to me once that prompted me to ask the question, personally i guess it could be likely.To be honest i think it could well be the case, makes them a bundle does'nt it makes sense would you agree?

6. spike2937

well, medical is payed for by us, but pc viruses are different

7. Westy

Westy Registered Member

Well i am aware of that, but what i was asking is if Anti virus companies make the viruses that attack our computors so we all buy their products.

8. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Well, there will never be a time where no one gets ill, but for sake of your argument, I just can't see that happening (with medical professionals). For computer viruses, I wouldn't put it past a company to do that.

9. Westy

Westy Registered Member

My thoughts exactly.

10. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Probably not big companies, but smaller companies might try to leak out some viruses. If they were US/UK/Canada/Australia based they wouldn't last long. The laws in these countries would destroy them if they were ever caught doing that.