Do anti virus companies make viruses?

Westy

Registered Member
Imagine no one ever got ill, the medical proffession would not exist. Do you think this is the same for all the computor viruses there is? Are the companies that make anti virus programes also the instigators of all viruses?

Discuss...

Westy

Registered Member
It was something that a friend said to me once that prompted me to ask the question, personally i guess it could be likely.To be honest i think it could well be the case, makes them a bundle does'nt it makes sense would you agree?

Westy

Registered Member
Well i am aware of that, but what i was asking is if Anti virus companies make the viruses that attack our computors so we all buy their products.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Well, there will never be a time where no one gets ill, but for sake of your argument, I just can't see that happening (with medical professionals). For computer viruses, I wouldn't put it past a company to do that.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Probably not big companies, but smaller companies might try to leak out some viruses. If they were US/UK/Canada/Australia based they wouldn't last long. The laws in these countries would destroy them if they were ever caught doing that.