• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do Animals Dream?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Pretty sure he was joking. I haven't been here for too long but I'm getting to know his sense of humor. ;)
He was, but at first I didn't know who that Goodell was because I don't follow sports much. Sometimes he can go overboard with his jokes though.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I know animals dream. My old dog would often act like she was running in her sleep, or jerk awake all of a sudden with a bit of a whimper as if something scared her.

It makes sense really. Dreams happen because of your brain, and animals have brains too. Therefore they can dream too.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I use to have a parrot and I think he would dream too. He would have his head tucked under his wing and start making these whining noises. Once he almost fell off his perch.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
My first cat Smokey used to swat at dream mice or birds when he slept. It would be very apparent that he was dreaming. Don't know if they ever have nightmares though.

Rapier

V.I.P.
My first cat Smokey used to swat at dream mice or birds when he slept. It would be very apparent that he was dreaming. Don't know if they ever have nightmares though.
My guess would be that they have happy dreams about chasing and nightmares about being chaste.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Never seen an animal wake up startled or afraid unless there was a loud noise. I suspect that fear and stress are the primary causes of nightmares in people and critters don't experience these things, or at least not in the same way. If a kitty cat ever had the kind of dreams I sometimes have, it would probably cost them all 9 lives.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't know, many animals are mistreated which puts them under a lot of stress, I have a feeling they have nightmares.

ATARIGUY

Beermister
Oh yeah, they definitely do. I've seen my dogs do all kinds of crazy stuff while sleeping often enough you'd have to convince me otherwise.
I agree 100% because me dog barks and runs in her sleep all the time. . . . . . .