• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do Animals Dream?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I came across this article questioning if animals dream. Of course they do, at least that is my opinion from watching my animals sleep. My dog was living proof of that. While asleep on her side sometimes she would start moving her legs like she was running, although not as pronounced, and sometimes would let out a little bark. My cats would often jerk like they were dreaming too. I bet if I watched my horses sleep they would also give signs they are dreaming.

I don't think dreams are unique to people. I think all animals do it. Well except when it comes to insects or maybe even fish. Them I'm not sure about but mammals yes.

What do you think?

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Oh yeah, they definitely do. I've seen my dogs do all kinds of crazy stuff while sleeping often enough you'd have to convince me otherwise.

Rapier

V.I.P.
My pets whine and cry in their sleep just like they do after I kick them when I get a real bad on line poker loss.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I don't know any science behind it, but I've definitley seen my old dog twitching and moving his legs in his sleep which would seem to suggest dreaming, but I guess it's hard to really know unless we could ask them.

But it does make sense that if we can do it, then why not them? I don't know why dreaming would be a human-only thing.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
My pets whine and cry in their sleep just like they do after I kick them when I get a real bad on line poker loss.
I hope your not being serious here.

Rapier

V.I.P.
I hope your not being serious here.
Are you assuming jurisdiction Ms. Goodell? ;)

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
My dog dreams all the time. Mostly nightmares it seems. It will wake me up at the middle of the night and have to tell Riggs(my dog) that everything is alright.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Are you assuming jurisdiction Ms. Goodell? ;)
What's that suppose to mean, I just asked you a question. I hoped you wasn't being serious but I guess you were.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Pretty sure he was joking. I haven't been here for too long but I'm getting to know his sense of humor. ;)

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Since when has he ever said anything in the line of humour? Humour is supposed to be funny. The word you are looking for is trolling, what he does is trolling.

Last edited: