• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do Age Differences Really Matter in Relationships?

MissMe

Registered Member
Does the age difference in a relationship really matter anymore these days? If a 35 year old woman wants to date a 23 year old man is it acceptable? How about a 40 year old man dating a 25 year old woman? I know people that date other people who are their parent's age. I have one friend who is dating someone 12 years her junior and they get along great, however her mother calls her a cougar!

Last edited:

Konshentz

Konshentz
As long as it's legal, I don't think it matters all that much. I've dated women 7 years younger than me and 15 years older than me. Age was never the problem.

danwiz

Registered Member
I'm 70 and my husband is 38 and we are very happy together. Therefore, I have to say that age difference is not so very important.

MissMe

Registered Member
I'm 70 and my husband is 38 and we are very happy together. Therefore, I have to say that age difference is not so very important.
That's a big age difference! I don't think that age is too important if you both get a long and love each other. How long have you and your husband been married?

Impaired

Registered Member
Everything matters. Does it matter much? Depends on the people involved.

We all know immature people who have lots of years, and young people who are very mature.

danwiz

Registered Member
That's a big age difference! I don't think that age is too important if you both get a long and love each other. How long have you and your husband been married?
We got married in August of 2015, but we've lived together since January or February of 2002. You do realize that we are a gay couple, right?

Keri35

Registered Member
I think it matters if it's a young woman and an old man. Maybe that is wrong of me, but I do. It's almost like the woman is too naive and is being taken advantage of. I think 10 years is not a problem for any relationship if both parties are over 21.

MissMe

Registered Member
We got married in August of 2015, but we've lived together since January or February of 2002. You do realize that we are a gay couple, right?
Well considering you're a male and you said - you and your husband, yes I know you are a gay couple. And you two are living proof that age doesn't have to matter!

NellyBell

Registered Member
I think age is irrelevant (unless it's illegal, of course). What's more important is being on the same maturity level and being in the same "place" in life. For instance, while nothing may be wrong with me dating someone who is nineteen, I don't think I'd have much in common with someone that age.

IrishLass2247

Registered Member
If you are happy together, then your age difference shouldn't matter. My Aunt Marie was much older then my Aunt Betty, but my Aunt Marie was very young at heart and looked half her age. People are usually more shocked (and in awe) over how long they were living as an openly gay couple than their age difference. They had been living together openly since the 1960's. Quite the scandal back then! I am just happy they both lived to see attitudes begin to change, but sadly, not long enough to get married.