• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

DNS search Suffix list

mattobrien

Hello,

I currently administer 10 PC's at my work. I am no IT expert, but have a good general knowledge.

Recently one of our PC's had the DNS search suffix changed to a location outside of our LAN, ie in another state in australia. Upon further investigation there was a NET_TIME command in IExplorer's address bar which was trying to synch to another server. I say this because I have had to synch other workstations here but have done this via a command prompt and have to direct it to our named server. This was different. We are also experincing logons using a cifs/ protocol. I am asking for opinions on wether or not I have a rouge employee that could have done this or can this process be automated from malicious coding? I am trying to narrow this one down, which I know is probably impossible, but it will narrow it down if it is not able to be automated. Any comments welcomed. Thank you.