Divorce Could Lead Carter Out Of New Jersey

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Star-Ledger - According to a close friend of Vince Carter, his wife, Ellen, began divorce proceedings recently, which may become a significant factor in whether or not he remains with the Nets.

If Ellen were to gain custody of their 1-year-old daughter and elects to move back to Orlando or her own hometown in South Carolina, Carter could be motivated to sign with the Magic or Charlotte Bobcats just to stay close, as both teams have can sign him due to their significant cap space.

The last time Carter addressed his contract situation, he stated, "I just let it be as it may, and when the time comes, I'll deal with it."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a.../divorce_could_lead_carter_out_of_new_jersey/

M

Midnight

Does Vince Carter have any problems with the New Jersey organization? If not, then I don't see him simply moving away because of a divorce. Then again, I could be wrong. What could be more important, Championship or custody of a child in a short-term perspective.

T

Tracy McGrady

Woah man. Too bad for the nets. Well I hope everything works out for both groups.

G

Gustavo

It must be hard for his wife to take care of little 2 babies, all by herself.

This is very unfortunate for the Nets, that because of Vince's personal issues, they may have to pay the price. Is Vince leaving them hanging too?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Gustavo I like you as member but don't treat my boy like that lol. Anyways I am sure every player in this league cares more about the families then winning a championship. Carter will have some tough decisions ahead of him in the next few weeks. I am really intrigued to see what's going to happen. Majics are on the rise it would be a great team to go too.

Kyo_Muramasa

Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n
*sighs* The downfall of every b-ball player that gets up top, personal issues....but I wonder how Carter will handle it. If it gets too bad though his career will take a serious blow I'm afraid, but whatever the outcome I can't wait to see it, though I am leaning to the bad outcome more than the good one.

I

Illosophee

Yeah, I heard about this. Hopefully, things will look up to the brightside. I'll just hope for the best, I guess.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Illsophee I really hope everything works out for him too. Vince is my boy and he's in a good situation right now in New Jersey. I think this whole situation will blow over sooner then later, and he'll stay in New Jersey. Vince Carter hasn't really talked about the situation publicly and he hasn't shown any interest in getting traded. So I have a feeling this whole affair will stay privately and nothing will come of it.