• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Disposable vs. Cloth Diapers

Disposable vs. Cloth Diapers

• Only dispostable diapers should be legal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only cloth diapers should be legal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I suppose the third option would be to get the timing down and take your kid outside and hold them over the sewer or something. Or take them to a forested area or a farm and do the same thing. Nice and natural that way.
There's actually a movement where kids don't ever wear diapers. They're potty trained "from birth".

Parents rarely consider what's more environmental friendly. They're concerned more about about cost or practicality, when making their choice.

I think you exaggerate though with the suggestion of making it illegal just because one pollutes more than the other. :lol:

Arcadoc

Registered Member
There's actually a movement where kids don't ever wear diapers. They're potty trained "from birth".

Parents rarely consider what's more environmental friendly. They're concerned more about about cost or practicality, when making their choice.

I think you exaggerate though with the suggestion of making it illegal just because one pollutes more than the other. :lol:
Only a movement? Listen, folks. There are entire nations where babies don't wear diapers of any kind. But in keeping with the title of the thread, there are pros and cons on both sides.
Cloth Pro: They're washable. Rinse them out in the toilet and drop them into the dirty diaper bucket. When the bucket's full, wash them and reuse them for as long as it takes, or as long as they hold up.
Cloth Con: That bucket of nasty diapers makes you want to avoid the room it's in for a very long time.
Disposable Pro: You don't have to wash all those dirty diapers.
Disposable Con: They sure get expensive, especially for a family on a fixed income.
Environmentally speaking, while disposable diapers do have the potential for taking up space in landfills, R&D departments of several companies are already working on projects where they turn them into various types of insulation to be used in the construction of new homes and businesses.
Personal opinion wise, I don't really care one way or the other. We haven't had a diaper of any kind in this house in about 6 years, and those were for our grandkids.

Last edited:

browneyes106

Registered Member
I think they should both be legal and people should be allowed to choose.
My mom said she used cloth diapers for me and my siblings at home but if we traveled or went somewhere she used disposables. My cousin has two kids that are now 10 and 11. She had a cloth diaper service were she put the used diapers in a outside bin and the service came and picked them up. I really don't know why she went that route.

I can understand why people use disposables. It could be they don't have the patience to be washing them or maybe they hurl easy around certain smells.

I probably would use disposables too. But I can the reasoning behind cloth diapers.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I remember with me my mom said she used the Cloth Diapers, then with my sister she switched in between. Finally with my lil' brother she used entirely the disposable ones.

Seeing my girlfriends brother go to the store and drop over 100 dollars just on Disposable Diapers... I think that cloth ones seem better and better for every penny I end up pinching.

And washing them? I dont see what the big deal is about washing the cloth diapers personally. When I see Dairies with Cows that are up to their ankles in their own waste... what is so different about washing out some baby crap?

wooly

I am the woolrus
haha, that's ridiculous. I mean, i severely doubt nappies are the answer to global warning :p

And anyway, if they did ever make disposable nappies illegal, i'd buy them on the black market because if i have kids i am NOT cleaning a cloth covered in shit every day.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Only a movement? Listen, folks. There are entire nations where babies don't wear diapers of any kind.
Well technically, we've had not only nations but entire generations and centuries of people who haven't had to wear diapers. When I refer to movement, it's these groups of people trying to remind us that people survived before without Pampers and are encouraging parents to be less dependent on diapers by simply being in tune with the babies' cycle. Right now, potty training age range is placed at 18 - 36 months. With the no-diaper potty training it's from birth to 6 months.

The environmental concerns is just an added perk to why some people encourage parents to change the way they go with potty training their kids. Their stance is of course, the disposable ones are more wasteful than cloth.