Disposable vs. Cloth Diapers

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Mirage, Jul 3, 2009.

?

Disposable vs. Cloth Diapers

1. Only dispostable diapers should be legal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Only cloth diapers should be legal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Leave them both legal and let people choose

100.0%
  1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Apparently there is a big debate going on about disposable vs. cloth diapers. Some people claim that disposable diapers are bad because they are filling up landfills. On the other hand, people claim that cloth diapers are actually worse for the environment if you include the process of washing them after each use.

The Diaper Debate: Are Disposables as Green as Cloth? - ABC News

So, what do you think? Should one of the two be made illegal or should it be left up to individual preference?

2. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

I say who honestly gives a flying fuck!

What's next, trying to ban a specific type of plastic because of recycling issues? Really old CRT monitors and TVs? Non-energy efficient light bul-oh wait, the UK is already working on that one.

3. Mirage

Lol so are we. That's why I made this thread though. This is actually something that some people are pretty opinionated about.

4. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

I really have to ask, what's the alternative? If it's one or the other, guess what? You're still sticking it to the environment, it's a lose-lose situation.

If, however, there is a third option, feel free to go for it. The rest of us will continue using whatever we want.

5. Mirage

I suppose the third option would be to get the timing down and take your kid outside and hold them over the sewer or something. Or take them to a forested area or a farm and do the same thing. Nice and natural that way.

Smelnick likes this.
  6. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

Cloth diapers are actually supposed to be more green. Truthfully, I don't know which. I know regardless of the environmental thing, I would like to buy disposable diapers for my baby when/if I have one. There is only so much bacteria you can wash out of the cloth. I think people should focus more on what is better for the baby than what is better for the environment.

7. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I say leave them both legel, I don't see it as that big of issue. People should be able to choose what is easier for them and what they believe in.

8. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I don't agree that either of these things should be made illegal. I don't like the idea of cloth nappies though. So your kid goes to the toilet and then instead of throwing it away you wash it? Kind of gross if you ask me.
    It should definitely be down to your own preference.

9. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

There are more important issues in the world than environmentally-friendly diapers.

10. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

I have two siblings that are drastically younger than I am and I got to see both of them go have cloth and regular diapers. The thing about cloth diapers that I don't think most people get is that you're supposed to put a piece of felt between the babies skin and the diaper so that when they drop a bomb into their diaper, all you have to do is throw away the felt. And felt is really cheap, too.

I've seen my mom throw the felt away if it's too shitty, but just wash it with other pieces of felt if it's only pissed on.

Personally, I don't think that either option should be illegalized and for a fact, cloth diapers are cheaper because you don't have to go out and buy them every two days.