• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Displaced fans will receive free Super Bowl tickets next year

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Displaced fans will receive free Super Bowl tickets next year - Shutdown Corner - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Did anyone here about this story where 400 fans who bought tickets for the game were told that they cannot go to their seats? That's just terrible management if you ask me. I know the NFL made up for it by giving them tickets for next years Super Bowl, expense paid and a few other things, but some of these fans were probably die hard Packers or Steelers fans, who knows if they'll get another chance to see their team play in the big game ever again.

What are your thoughts? How mad would you have been if it happened to you?

Bosox04

Registered Member
This story was viral around Dallas. People blaming Jerry Jones, etc. Turns out, it was an NFL flub. Either way, had it been me, and I traveled from Green Bay/Pitt just to find out that I didn't have a seat....three times the face value and a ticket to Indianapolis wouldn't come close to making it up. What about the airfare to Dallas? And those 4 night minimum hotel rooms I paid for. There is no reason at all that this happened...and the NFL should be doing a helluva lot more.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow, stuff like this just cannot happen. It has happened at Busch Stadium where the Cardinals have double booked an area of seats but this is the Super Bowl.

You'd think someone would be managing this a little better. I would be pissed beyond belief if this happened to me.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree, it would piss me off so much. They were interviewing some fans who lost their seats and some of them were actually crying. Just imagine the time they put into getting those tickets, who knows how long they waited on the phone or something of that nature. Yes, it was nice of the NFL to give them all that stuff for next years Super Bowl, but I'd say 90% of the fans would of rather watch that game. Who knows if they'll be able to make it out next year.

Dabs

Registered Member
I saw this on Monday, but didn't want to start a thread, well, I figured one of the guys would. The NFL spokesperson said sure, they will give all 400 people back a refund times 3, which equals to $2400. Plus tickets for next year's Super Bowl. But what the hell, like one guy the news interviewed was saying, this was memories for him and his son. And they are ruined, because they were forced to either stand or sit on aluminum chairs and watch the game on Tv! Hell yes I would be plenty pissed. That guy said they traveled a good distance and hotel fares being what they were, the trip cost him and his son over $8000. I can see why everyone is upset!
But, the NFL did also say the areas they had for those specific ticket holders, wasn't quite ready. They stated they felt it was unsafe and so they chose the route they did, to assure safety of the patrons. Makes sense, because if they had seated all those people, and then something terrible had happened, it would be plastered all over the news about how careless the NFL was. But in the end, Omg, yes, they should have done something, and they still should do more for those poor folks who were let down and out of a lot of money.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I saw this on Monday, but didn't want to start a thread, well, I figured one of the guys would. The NFL spokesperson said sure, they will give all 400 people back a refund times 3, which equals to $2400. Plus tickets for next year's Super Bowl. But what the hell, like one guy the news interviewed was saying, this was memories for him and his son. And they are ruined, because they were forced to either stand or sit on aluminum chairs and watch the game on Tv! Hell yes I would be plenty pissed. That guy said they traveled a good distance and hotel fares being what they were, the trip cost him and his son over $8000. I can see why everyone is upset!
But, the NFL did also say the areas they had for those specific ticket holders, wasn't quite ready. They stated they felt it was unsafe and so they chose the route they did, to assure safety of the patrons. Makes sense, because if they had seated all those people, and then something terrible had happened, it would be plastered all over the news about how careless the NFL was. But in the end, Omg, yes, they should have done something, and they still should do more for those poor folks who were let down and out of a lot of money.
With what I bolded, exactly. The Super Bowl, or World Series, or whatever your big sporting event of choice is, is about the event itself. The money is probably secondary to people to the level of disrespect and to the fact that they were robbed. What about people that came to see their specific team play? I'm guessing that they were among the screwed. Can the NFL promise that their home team will be in the Bowl again next year?