• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Disney's Wreck it Ralph

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
As most of us know, Disney went REALLY downhill with their animated films in the last 10 or so years. They have recently started picking themselves up again with the likes of Tangled and The Princess and the Frog.

Today the new trailer was released for their next animated film, Wreck it Ralph. And as an animation nerd, and a complete gamer nut well... I have to say I almost went into cardiac arrest of excitement while watching this. This looks good.

See what you think

Disney Wreck-It Ralph - Official First Trailer - YouTube

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I love it. I really do. I heard about this movie early last year when it was finishing up pre-production and I thought immediately of the potential it had to resonate with people like me who aren't just into games, but the culture of them. This touches on that said culture, and I like it. :D

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I'm pretty excited for it, such a big mix of games characters. This is going to be a hit, you can tell. It'll have the usually kid and family crowd that Disney films usually pull, and then you have the added game nerds who will go and see something like this, even if they wouldn't usually go to Disney films. This thing has more games packed in it than E3 :p

Taliesin

Registered Member
Okay, I'm sold. I'll give this a chance. Most recent Disney films haven't done a thing at all for me, but Wreck it Ralph may possibly change all that!

Oh, and this...

For me, it'll be like Totoro's appearance in Toy Story 3. I was so thrilled when I saw that!

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Yeah Bowser and the pacman ghosts were tow my favourites, there's just so many iconic game characters in there already, and that's just the trailer.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I am glad that they are putting the characters together and creating something way out of their depth and it's great.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Bowser, Dr. Robotnic, even that Russian guy from the Street Fighter series. Grated they have small roles but I was surprised to see them in there. This really does look like it could be quite good!

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
We don't know how big their rolls are going to be yet, that was just a short scene in the trailer. They might be small, but they might have a larger role in the actual film.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Well either way, there are still so many big video game characters. Imagine buying all the rights for this film!