• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Disney+

dDave

V.I.P.
Anyone have Disney+?

We've had it for a while now and I have to say I'm quite impressed with some of the titles that appear on the streaming service. I'm also really enjoying their support of high resolution (4K) and awesome audio formats.

Above Netflix and Amazon Prime, it probably has the most content that I enjoy among all the streaming services out there.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I had it for a month and watched The Mandalorian. Then immediately cancelled it. I'll start it back up when season 2 drops, but I already have Hulu, HBO and Netflix... so it's not something I need month to month.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
We held out as long as we could, but then with state-mandated lockdown for Coronavirus and two kids 3 and under, Disney+ suddenly made a lot of sense. We've watched a few movies so far including both Frozens, Finding Nemo, Finding Dory, Up, and some kids programming. I love that they let you select essentially an avatar for your profile because it's easy for kids to know which one to click when they're surfing on their own.

My wife and I want to check out the Mandalorian, however, we have a few other shows we're watching first.

I'm also going to take this opportunity to plug a review that PopMalt published on Disney+ a few months back. 😁

dDave

V.I.P.
I had it for a month and watched The Mandalorian. Then immediately cancelled it. I'll start it back up when season 2 drops, but I already have Hulu, HBO and Netflix... so it's not something I need month to month.
I haven’t watched The Mandalorian yet. Heard lots of good things. I’m planning to sit down and watch it eventually. I really hate waiting for new content though. I may at least wait until season 2 drops to start.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Just subscribe to the first week trial. Not sure if we're going to keep it going after the free trial is over. I am quite impressed with the library they have on there, though.

Impaired

Registered Member
I got it free from Verizon. I like it. I won't pay for it next year.

The Mandalorian was excellent.

Having the Marvel/Star Wars/Disney stuff in one place is cool. I watched a ton of excellent Pixar shorts.

dDave

V.I.P.
I got it free from Verizon. I like it. I won't pay for it next year.

The Mandalorian was excellent.

Having the Marvel/Star Wars/Disney stuff in one place is cool. I watched a ton of excellent Pixar shorts.

It's pretty inexpensive for the service considering all the content you get out of the deal. Still, I understand why someone wouldn't want to hold onto a subscription all the time, especially if you didn't have kids that used it regularly. It's the kind of thing where you can want to watch something like star wars and sign up for a month to watch all of them if you want, I suppose.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I prefer my streaming services to consistently have new shows/movies. It just felt weird to be paying for all the stuff I've already seen. Once they get some of the original series rolling later this year and next year it should be a lot better. Well, if you're a fan of Marvel. Which I can take or leave most of the time.