• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Disney Wants Pirates 5 & 6

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
What? NO. This doesn't make any sense. Yes, the fourth one (On Stranger Tides) will make lots of money but really Disney? A fifth AND sixth movie? This is already a stale franchise.

Disney Wants Pirates 5 & 6 - Movies News at IGN

Thoughts?

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
OMG, let it DIE!! It's bad enough Russell Brand might be in the fourth!!!

No, no and a million times NO!

Good thing Depp is busy with other projects next year.

Shwa

V.I.P.
I would think they're making the 4th movie just to explain the whole Fountain of Youth that was left off at the end of Pirates 3. I think it would be interesting but to drag it off for a 5th and 6th installment, they need to take a hint from the SAW movies and stop while it's good.

~Shwa

Konshentz

Konshentz
I'm somewhat looking forward to 4, but 5 & 6 sound a bit much. That being said, if Depp was in them, I'd watch them still.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I think that 3 was enough, doesn't really make sense to make this series into a sextet. I a good trilogy always leaves the movie goer in some sorts of mystery of some of the blank spots in the trilogy i.e. the fountain of youth or even Star Wars. Pirates was meant to be a trilogy and just leave it alone.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I think that 3 was enough, doesn't really make sense to make this series into a sextet. I a good trilogy always leaves the movie goer in some sorts of mystery of some of the blank spots in the trilogy i.e. the fountain of youth or even Star Wars. Pirates was meant to be a trilogy and just leave it alone.
Movie goers will see anything with Depp these days, and its a shame that they will jump on this opportunity for Disney to be greedy. They will probably expand on the Fountain concept, which to me, is boring.